Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 91 to 97 of 97

Thread: Success! Down to 24 degrees!

  1. #91
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,258
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooka1 View Post
    I thought you referred to the chiro as your "orthopedic specialist." I assumed if you were referring to your orthopedic surgeon you would have said surgeon.

    To be clear why don't you just say "surgeon" or "chiro?"
    You simply made a wrong assumption - I will (and have always for sake of clarity) refer to my chiropractor as chiropractor (or sometimes I may say Spinecor provider) - and orthopedic specialist as, orthopedic specialist.
    Last edited by mamamax; 12-04-2009 at 09:02 PM.

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,258
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooka1 View Post
    On the site I posted, Rivard is responding to the Wong article and Wong is responding to Rivard's response. It is impossible to say otherwise.

    Elsewhere, Wong goes on at greater length in his rebuttal of Rivard's comments on his article.
    And the Spinecor manufacturer's rebuttal follows all of this - and is posted on their website. Where they state:


    None of the authors of this paper are certified in SpineCor treatment nor have they ever received significant training in the SpineCor system. Some of the technicians working with these authors at the scoliosis clinic in Hong Kong have received basic introductory training, but they are not certified SpineCor providers and are not considered to have received training to a sufficient standard to use the SpineCor system without supervision.
    Last edited by mamamax; 12-04-2009 at 08:51 PM.

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    8,903
    Quote Originally Posted by mamamax View Post
    And the Spinecor manufacturer's rebuttal follows all of this - and is posted on their website. Where they state:


    None of the authors of this paper are certified in SpineCor treatment nor have they ever received significant training in the SpineCor system. Some of the technicians working with these authors at the scoliosis clinic in Hong Kong have received basic introductory training, but they are not certified SpineCor providers and are not considered to have received training to a sufficient standard to use the SpineCor system without supervision.
    If that were true and relevant, Rivard would have included it in his response. What Spinecor puts on their web site and NOT in a Letter to the editor where the people who read the original Wong article will see it is irrelevant and pouty.

    If it turns out that these three people with the training certificates in Spinecor were told they were able to fit the brace without supervision, you realize this will be the nail in the coffin of Spinecor's credibility, yes? I will try to find Wong's extended response... I think he might address this exact point.
    Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

    No island of sanity.

    Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
    Answer: Medicine


    "We are all African."

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,258
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooka1 View Post
    If that were true and relevant, Rivard would have included it in his response. What Spinecor puts on their web site and NOT in a Letter to the editor where the people who read the original Wong article will see it is irrelevant and pouty.

    If it turns out that these three people with the training certificates in Spinecor were told they were able to fit the brace without supervision, you realize this will be the nail in the coffin of Spinecor's credibility, yes? I will try to find Wong's extended response... I think he might address this exact point.
    I will take the official word from the manufacturer (which comes after the exchanges between Rivard and Wong) over all else - why: they are responsible for the training. Do you really think that they would risk a law suit with false statements regarding who they have trained and to what level? I don't. The absence of ANY certified providers in Hong Kong is also rather telling.
    Last edited by mamamax; 12-04-2009 at 09:40 PM.

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,258
    Quote Originally Posted by hdugger View Post
    Would it be possible to move this discussion to some other topic, and give a teenager and her parent some space to celebrate a happy occasion?
    Excellent suggestion - I hate it when threads get so hijacked - Sorry Mom & Kid15.

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    ny
    Posts
    1,809
    Quote Originally Posted by mamamax View Post
    [COLOR="Navy"]Do you really think that they would risk a law suit with false statements regarding who they have trained and to what level? I don't.
    I have to disagree.

    As I posted on another thread, I have been in the legal field for 30 years. The number of companies with lawsuits against them (whether for making false claims or other reasons) is astronomical. It is something that happens every day. Companies make claims about their product; a consumer feels the claims were misleading or untrue; and a lawsuit is born. Sometimes the consumer wins and is proven right - and sometimes the company wins if there isn't sufficient proof they knowingly lied. Again, I'm not necessarily saying anyone knowingly made false statements in this case (that is yet to be seen); but to say that manufacturers never make false or misleading statements is completely untrue, and to be honest it made me chuckle
    mariaf305@yahoo.com
    Mom to David, age 17, braced June 2000 to March 2004
    Vertebral Body Stapling 3/10/04 for 40 degree curve (currently mid 20's)

    https://www.facebook.com/groups/ScoliosisTethering/

    http://pediatricspinefoundation.org/

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,258
    Quote Originally Posted by hdugger View Post
    Would it be possible to move this discussion to some other topic, and give a teenager and her parent some space to celebrate a happy occasion?
    I think we should follow this guideline in this thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •