Thank you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you

This will probably be my last post. I'm in Germany waiting to start the Schroth certification program here tomorrow. Though I'm a P.T. I came here as a mom, found a great surgeon for my daughter here, and when she elected not to have it (she was already 19 then), I explored every possible conservative option...all through this website. She tells me that she's reading you too, now, and managing at 25, but wondering about her future. Please keep sharing what you know about new technologies and any new management tools. I wandered over to the "Klinik" today to confirm some details. There were cute adolescent girls everywhere. Not unlike the one who used to lived in my house, not unlike you, or yours. So many good reasons to educate, research, support...

And Thank You!

Hi GardenJen ~ Firstly, I certainly hope this will not be your last posting. I should join you in gratitude for this forum - I too have learned much here.

My current treatment includes Schroth therapy from someone also recently certified through the German Klinik. Actually my specific condition is responding very well to a combination of bracing (Spincor) and Schroth. I see you are a PT - how wonderful for all those that you will treat in the future, as Schroth is scoliosis specific exercise which holds much merit among those who practice it. Maybe one day, Schroth will be a gold standard of early IS treatment here in the US. If so, it will only happen through dedicated people like yourself. So I guess, I'd like to say thank you to you as well as my current practitioner :-) for caring enough to help make the future of scoliosis management - brighter!

Comment

Wish I could see the long term follow up-Schroth

I came across this photo on-line of this Schroth treated adult patient. I wished they had published what happened to this lady. It shows over a 100 deg curve-very deforming after 3 months of treatment. I cannot imagine this deformity being corrected or maintained correction without surgery.
      Although it shows improvement, most conservative modalities do improve but then the curves revert. That is the heartbreaking aspect.

http://www.schrothmethod.com/index.php/about
      Original scoliosis surgery 1956 T-4 to L-2 ~100 degree thoracic (triple)curves at age 14. NO hardware-lost correction.
      Anterior/posterior revision T-4 to Sacrum in 2002, age 60, by Dr. Boachie-Adjei @Hospital for Special Surgery, NY = 50% correction

Comment

Working...
      X