Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We are home with good news!!!

Hi all!
    Well we are home from our appointment with Dr. Askin in Brisbane.
    It went better than expected. Her new xrays showed that there has been no movement at all with her curves. Not what I expected. Having watched Gabbys back like a hawk over the last 7 months I was sure that it was changing. Thank goodness I was wrong. So surgery is as scheduled on the
    1st of December this year. He originally said that the fusion may be from T4 to L4 and now after she had 'bending xrays' done he is thinking it may be from T5 to L3....... We are very happy. Gabby said that she thought she could have stretched even more in the bending xrays and I am wondering if that would have made any more difference.? Dr Askin said that he will do xrays right before the surgery when she is asleep. I am wondering if it will change again. He also said she is alot more flexible than he thought at first.The only thing he is concerned about is her eczema!! I wish I could find a cure for that! It is pretty bad at the moment and we need to get it under control so that it wont highten the risk of infection.
    Now I am on a mission to get as much information as I can about what we will need and how we can be much better prepared for the surgery and when we come home.
    So all suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Donna xo
    Mother to 14 year old daughter, Gabrielle (Gabby).
    Discovered her scoliosis on her 14th Birthday in February 2009. Due to be operated on for curves of 57 and 54 degrees (S Curve) in December 2009 with Dr. Askin in Brisbane.

Comment

Excellent news, Donna! You can use some good news, I know.

Mary Ellen

Comment

Working...
      X