Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My goodness! I had no idea that torso rotation was such an emotional topic! Remind me not to start talking about single payer health care!

Not to be presumptuous here, but really we're all just trying to keep our kids happy and healthy and make it through what must be a very trying time for all of us. I know it's very trying for me. With that in mind (to vaguely quote Randy Newman), if we can't help each other out can't we please, please just leave each other alone.

Comment

Originally posted by hdugger View Post
      I thought the editorial comment on the 2003 study was a fair assessment: "The authors are to be congratulated for bringing to our attention a novel and interesting method for the treatment of adolescent idiopathic scoliosis, which will stimulate interest and research."
      Look, I obviously know nothing about medicine but I can tell you that appears to be a failure of the review process if that was published in a peer-reviewed journal.

If I, as a lay person, can find what certainly appear to be fatal flaws, where oh were were the peer reviewers?
      Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
      Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

Originally posted by hdugger View Post
        My goodness! I had no idea that torso rotation was such an emotional topic! Remind me not to start talking about single payer health care!

Not to be presumptuous here, but really we're all just trying to keep our kids happy and healthy and make it through what must be a very trying time for all of us. I know it's very trying for me. With that in mind (to vaguely quote Randy Newman), if we can't help each other out can't we please, please just leave each other alone.
        I agree but Balletmom has a ridiculous obsession with me. She will not leave me alone.

I don't mind engaging her but she is obsessed.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

Obsessed with you? How funny. No, I just try to counter your statements that are made with 100 percent certainty on your part, so as to try and keep other viewers from being misled by believing your comments just because the comments are made so emphatically.

Comment

Originally posted by Ballet Mom View Post
            Obsessed with you? How funny. No, I just try to counter your statements that are made with 100 percent certainty on your part, so as to try and keep other viewers from being misled by believing your comments just because the comments are made so emphatically.
            I don't mind you disagreeing with me but you have to use facts and rational argument to do it.

Your comments on the Collins thread are typical of the problem with your responses to me. Its the difference between intelligence (which you obviously have) and knowledge which you are lacking on certain subjects.

Plus you are not careful with your posts. For example, you seem to think I claimed that my horse's name is "Pooka." I challenge you to find a post to that effect. Rather I have stated who "Pooka" is on at least one occasion and it is not my horse. But you simply assumed it was my horse. I suggest that "shoot from the hip" approach is counterproductive and I will point it out every time.

Now you have been very good on topics on which you do have knowledge such as the one on hyperextension of joints and how that quality is sought after in rhythmic gymnastics (or whatever). Clearly you knew what the heck you were talking about and made your point clearly and concisely. It was extremely persuasive.

It would be good if you achieved that with more of your posts.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

new to the game follow up

Just to let everyone know...I plan on seeking a second opinion (DO Orthopedic Surgeon referred from SRS) on the next moves that we should or should not take. I like to get as many inputs as possible. I'll keep you posted on our next visit. Please keep the great insights and experience coming...as I mention...."new to the game".

Thanks all!

Comment

Originally posted by bcputnam View Post
                Just to let everyone know...I plan on seeking a second opinion (DO Orthopedic Surgeon referred from SRS) on the next moves that we should or should not take. I like to get as many inputs as possible. I'll keep you posted on our next visit. Please keep the great insights and experience coming...as I mention...."new to the game".

Thanks all!
                Thanks for keeping us posted.

We have no surgeons posting here (obviously!) and it's always good to hear what any one of them is saying.

SSO had a researcher post a few posts so that was wonderful.
                Last edited by Pooka1; 09-06-2009, 09:30 AM.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

A wise decision bcputnam!

Pooka, I'm pretty sure I didn't just dream up that your horse was named Pooka1...I'm pretty sure you stated that in one of your posts. However, since posts can be edited, we'll never know. Anyhow, I'm not going to continue this debate. If Pooka is your snake, so be it.

You might just allow other people to have educated opinions that are different than yours instead of trying to force everyone to accept your views as fact, and your comments would be better received.

Comment

A wise decision bcputnam!

Pooka, I'm pretty sure I didn't just dream up that your horse was named Pooka1...I'm pretty sure you stated that in one of your posts.
                    I did state who Pooka was and it wasn't my horse.

However, since posts can be edited, we'll never know. Anyhow, I'm not going to continue this debate. If Pooka is your snake, so be it.
                    Pooka is my daughter's snake and I have never edited any post about that. On SSO I stated what my horse's nickname is and it's not Pooka. And that PREDATES your claim that Pooka is my horse. It never has been Pooka so there would be no reason to edit.

The fact that you think I edited after you questioned it is reflective of your state of mind and your projecting.

And I might add I never would have accused you of editing a post just to win an irrelevant argument even now. That's the difference between you and me apparently.

You might just allow other people to have educated opinions that are different than yours instead of trying to force everyone to accept your views as fact, and your comments would be better received.
                    That's what the creationists say and they are still 1,0000 % wrong.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. They are NOT entitled to their own facts. That's where the creationists go wrong and where the flat-earthers go wrong and where the astrologers go wrong and where you go wrong.
                    Last edited by Pooka1; 09-06-2009, 09:31 AM.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

Pooka, I'm pretty sure I didn't just dream up that your horse was named Pooka1...I'm pretty sure you stated that in one of your posts. \
                      This is the problem in a nutshell.

That you are "pretty sure" you didn't dream something up when in fact you did.

Please consider that going forward.
                      Last edited by Pooka1; 09-05-2009, 09:30 PM.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

There is an unedited post on 9 Oct 2008 explaining that Pooka is my daughter's snake.

There is an unedited post from 26 Sept 2009 also explaining the same thing.

You will not find any post where I claim Pooka is my horse. Some people are honest.

The bottom line here is that your error in this matter is of a piece with your errors in other, relevant matters.

Getting the facts straight matters. That is the issue on everything, not just this.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

What?

I came here looking for support and answers and discover an argument. I fully believe that there are more important things to dicuss in this forum than where someone's nickname came from. Or perhaps I am in the wrong place.

Comment

Originally posted by Mom_15 View Post
                            I came here looking for support and answers and discover an argument. I fully believe that there are more important things to dicuss in this forum than where someone's nickname came from. Or perhaps I am in the wrong place.
                            You're right. That issue is irrelevant.

What isn't irrelevant is using it as an example to explain to Balletmom how she posts counterfactual material at an alarming rate. That is neither helpful nor honest towards people trying to get the facts.

I would support Linda removing the irrelevant posts. Point made.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

I would support Linda removing the irrelevant posts. Point made.
                              I think the posts should stay. Enough of Pooka running to Linda to edit out the posts she doesn't agree with. I think her comments help people to decide whether to listen to her or not.

Somehow I remember from the archives, doing my voluminous research of scoliosis, you stating that your horse was named Pooka. It is hard to go through the archives without running into a post from you constantly. My research predates December by a long time. But whatever, if for whatever reason, that is incorrect, I will remove my post from the other thread. No problem. No reason to get hysterical again.

What isn't irrelevant is using it as an example to explain to Balletmom how she posts counterfactual material at an alarming rate. That is neither helpful nor honest towards people trying to get the facts.
                              Listen we all need to bow to Pooka's all-knowingness. She knows everything, nobody else could possibly know or reason out anything different than her viewpoint. All Hail Pooka!.....and that's about the nicest thing that I can come up to say in response to that ridiculous statement.

Comment

Isn't that interesting, in editing that post, I found you can just delete posts without a trace....interesting.

Comment

Working...
                                X