No announcement yet.

Help for coloring hair??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had to attend a 21st Birthday celebration of my nieces (twins) at 6 weeks.
    I had my hair colored by the hairdresser, I sat down and two of them applied the color, then i walked around or sat down until it processed. I bought a pillow with me, so between the pillows and the towels, they were able to accommodate me comfortably, while they rinsed me really fast!
    Otherwise try a mobile hairdresser that has her own portable basin, they work wonders!
    Vali
    44 years young! now 45
    Surgery - June 1st, 2009
    Dr David Hall - Adelaide Spine Clinic
    St. Andrews Hospital, Adelaide, South Australia
    Pre-op curve - 58 degree lumbar
    Post -op - 5 degrees
    T11 - S1 Posterior
    L4/5 - L5/S1 Anterior Fusion

Comment

here are my questions..as i am considering surgery for april 2010..if it is hard to lay back at the hairdresser's, then what happens at the dentist...i am in process of having some dental implants...but i will need more work when i am done with that..so how will i lay down in the dental chair either..???? as concerned as i am about gray hair ()i am more concerned about my smile..in case i can smile again after surgery ()...so...how many other things are so super hard..?? how does one get in & out of a car??? or in & out of bed...do you "log roll" forever more?? more intimate details i shudder to even consider ()

i would be so beholding for any replies from those who have been thru it...i am now 60- 40 in favor of surgery...it may not sound like alot, but i have been stuck at 50-50 for 6 months!!! (& it took me a year to just get to 50-50!!)

any & all replies gratefully appreciated..

thanks to all of you
      jess

Comment

Well, I went to the hair dresser on Tuesday. Sitting in the chair for the coloring & cutting was okay, but (just like some of you said) lying back to get my hair rinsed and conditioned was very uncomfortable. My back didn't hurt but my neck sure did. I have noticed that my neck and upper back has gotten much tighter and just didn't want to stretch back that far.

I lived through it all and my hair looks MUCH better, but next month when I want to touch up the roots, I'm doing it myself in the shower.

Sheri
        At age 56 my curves measured: 48/60/30 with lots of rotation and getting worse
        Posterior fusion T5-L4 June 30, 2009
        Excellent correction

Comment

Pre-decision concerns

Jess,

I can understand all your questions since you are still trying to make up your mind. In my case, I felt I really didn't have a choice as to whether or not to have the surgery. My back was pretty bad and getting worse. I really needed to stop the advancement of scoliosis. So I decided to make the best of it and schedule it while I had a good job that would give me time off and good insurance to cover the cost. Before surgery, I increased my exercise so that I would be as fit as possible.

My doctor painted a pretty grim picture of how badly I would feel for the first couple weeks, but that slowly and surely I would improve. He told me I probably wouldn't feel fully back to normal for 6 months or even a year, but I would be able to return to my desk job after 3 months, with some restrictions. I really appreciated his honesty because it helped me prepare for this whole ordeal.

I still "log roll" to protect my back because twisting is harmful to it, but once the early post-op pain and swelling goes away, log-rolling just becomes a habit and it really isn't all that bad.

You learn how to move to protect your back and become functional again. And even though I'm only 2 month's post-op, I'm taking very few pain relievers. I'm driving, grocery shopping, doing most household chores (but not vacuuming), and going on three long walks every day to help my back heal. Everything I am doing is just a little slower, and done carefully so that I don't hurt myself.

I'm excited about how I look, and how my sciatica has disappeared, and that my future looks much brighter.

Make a nice long list of questions for your doctor. If he's good, he will take the time to answer them. Mine did.

Good luck.

Sheri
          Last edited by 52skeedoo; 09-10-2009, 05:25 PM.
          At age 56 my curves measured: 48/60/30 with lots of rotation and getting worse
          Posterior fusion T5-L4 June 30, 2009
          Excellent correction

Comment

Working...
          X