Types of revision surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mary,
    Have you selected a doctor to perform the surgery?
    Shelley

Comment

Surgery

Originally posted by shelley
      Mary,
      Have you selected a doctor to perform the surgery?
      Shelley
      Yes, Dr.Todd Albert in Phila. He is affiliated with Jefferson University Hospital.Do youknow of him? Mary

Comment

The only doctor in Philly with whom I am familiar is Randal Betz. I saw him about 15 years ago for lower back pain. The pain went away as soon as I stopped wearing high heels. Unfortunately, I think Dr. Betz has restricted his practice to children and adolescents. The Rothman Institute doctors (and Jefferson Hospital) have a favorable reputation, as does Dr. Balderston at Pennsylvania Hospital. Actually, I was interested to learn who is treating adult scoliosis patients in Philadelphia, since I had spinal fusion and instrumentation in 1966. Currently I'm not having any problems. Good luck to you and let us know how you are doing.
        Shelley

Comment

Dr. Alpert

My fellow nurse-anesthetist who works in Phila, and who has the inside scoop, recommended him to a friend of mine in that state.

Karen
          Original scoliosis surgery 1956 T-4 to L-2 ~100 degree thoracic (triple)curves at age 14. NO hardware-lost correction.
          Anterior/posterior revision T-4 to Sacrum in 2002, age 60, by Dr. Boachie-Adjei @Hospital for Special Surgery, NY = 50% correction

Comment

Dr.ALbert

Originally posted by Karen Ocker
            My fellow nurse-anesthetist who works in Phila, and who has the inside scoop, recommended him to a friend of mine in that state.

Karen
            From what i am hearing he appears to be one of the best in this area, I will have to go on that. I really do not have alot of choices. I am not going to try to find another one for a second opinion,it is very apparent what is going on withme. Rothman appears to cover the maket in Orthopo's in this area.If anyone know anyone who has seen him PLEASE let me know. Mary P.

Comment

Dr.Albert

Originally posted by shelley
              The only doctor in Philly with whom I am familiar is Randal Betz. I saw him about 15 years ago for lower back pain. The pain went away as soon as I stopped wearing high heels. Unfortunately, I think Dr. Betz has restricted his practice to children and adolescents. The Rothman Institute doctors (and Jefferson Hospital) have a favorable reputation, as does Dr. Balderston at Pennsylvania Hospital. Actually, I was interested to learn who is treating adult scoliosis patients in Philadelphia, since I had spinal fusion and instrumentation in 1966. Currently I'm not having any problems. Good luck to you and let us know how you are doing.
              Shelley
              I will, I am having another spinal injection on 9/16. He wants to try one more before surgery at the Wills Surgery Center in Phila. MaryParris

Comment

Originally posted by Mary Parris
                I had a fusion in Boston Childrens in 1972. I AM facing the first situation you described,extended fusion . I can hardy walk. The pain from my sciatica is diabilitating. I am suppose to have the surgery soon.Mary Parris
                Mary, I am facing a surgery also. I had my surgery done in Sept.2004. Now I have a rod sticking out. The pain is awful. The dr. wants to go in and remove my rods and screws. I fear that if he does that I will start getting my curvature back. He says no but I still worry. I know how you fill. The woory and anxiety is terrible. Mattie

Comment

Working...
                X