Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 22 of 22

Thread: Types of revision surgery

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    62
    Mary,
    Have you selected a doctor to perform the surgery?
    Shelley

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Valley Forge,PA
    Posts
    10

    Surgery

    Quote Originally Posted by shelley
    Mary,
    Have you selected a doctor to perform the surgery?
    Shelley
    Yes, Dr.Todd Albert in Phila. He is affiliated with Jefferson University Hospital.Do youknow of him? Mary

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    62
    The only doctor in Philly with whom I am familiar is Randal Betz. I saw him about 15 years ago for lower back pain. The pain went away as soon as I stopped wearing high heels. Unfortunately, I think Dr. Betz has restricted his practice to children and adolescents. The Rothman Institute doctors (and Jefferson Hospital) have a favorable reputation, as does Dr. Balderston at Pennsylvania Hospital. Actually, I was interested to learn who is treating adult scoliosis patients in Philadelphia, since I had spinal fusion and instrumentation in 1966. Currently I'm not having any problems. Good luck to you and let us know how you are doing.
    Shelley

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,291

    Thumbs up Dr. Alpert

    My fellow nurse-anesthetist who works in Phila, and who has the inside scoop, recommended him to a friend of mine in that state.

    Karen
    Original scoliosis surgery 1956 T-4 to L-2 ~100 degree thoracic (triple)curves at age 14. NO hardware-lost correction.
    Anterior/posterior revision T-4 to Sacrum in 2002, age 60, by Dr. Boachie-Adjei @Hospital for Special Surgery, NY = 50% correction

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Valley Forge,PA
    Posts
    10

    Dr.ALbert

    Quote Originally Posted by Karen Ocker
    My fellow nurse-anesthetist who works in Phila, and who has the inside scoop, recommended him to a friend of mine in that state.

    Karen
    From what i am hearing he appears to be one of the best in this area, I will have to go on that. I really do not have alot of choices. I am not going to try to find another one for a second opinion,it is very apparent what is going on withme. Rothman appears to cover the maket in Orthopo's in this area.If anyone know anyone who has seen him PLEASE let me know. Mary P.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Valley Forge,PA
    Posts
    10

    Dr.Albert

    Quote Originally Posted by shelley
    The only doctor in Philly with whom I am familiar is Randal Betz. I saw him about 15 years ago for lower back pain. The pain went away as soon as I stopped wearing high heels. Unfortunately, I think Dr. Betz has restricted his practice to children and adolescents. The Rothman Institute doctors (and Jefferson Hospital) have a favorable reputation, as does Dr. Balderston at Pennsylvania Hospital. Actually, I was interested to learn who is treating adult scoliosis patients in Philadelphia, since I had spinal fusion and instrumentation in 1966. Currently I'm not having any problems. Good luck to you and let us know how you are doing.
    Shelley
    I will, I am having another spinal injection on 9/16. He wants to try one more before surgery at the Wills Surgery Center in Phila. MaryParris

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    151
    Quote Originally Posted by Mary Parris
    I had a fusion in Boston Childrens in 1972. I AM facing the first situation you described,extended fusion . I can hardy walk. The pain from my sciatica is diabilitating. I am suppose to have the surgery soon.Mary Parris
    Mary, I am facing a surgery also. I had my surgery done in Sept.2004. Now I have a rod sticking out. The pain is awful. The dr. wants to go in and remove my rods and screws. I fear that if he does that I will start getting my curvature back. He says no but I still worry. I know how you fill. The woory and anxiety is terrible. Mattie

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •