Thread: Pins and needles and hip pains

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Pins and needles and hip pains

hi guys i'm new on here and my name is Hannah. i was diagnosed with scoliosis a couple of years ago. i have a 33 degree lumbar curve and wear a boston brace. just recently i have been experiencing pins and needle sensations going through my hips, legs (particularly thighs), arms hands and on some occasions up one side of my head. i just was wondering if you guys on here have the same feelings and if you know whether it is linked with scoliosis.

also sometimes i get these weird twitches in my legs that are sometimes so severe that they wake me up in my sleep.

Hi Leopard...

I don't think it has anything to do with your scoliosis, but it could be something about which you might be concerned. I would definitely mention it to your parents, who will hopefully take you to your GP/pediatrician.

Regards,
    Linda

Hi leopard
    did you mean you feel the "pins & needles" when wearing the brace, or without it? i have not had surgery (yet?), & i never wore a brace....but i have pins & needles & some numbness developing in my hips lately...my surgeon said he suspects my lumbar curve (that is getting worse of late)is causing pressing on nerves ..this is a recent development for me, happening, seems to be, as my scoli is getting worse..

dont know if any of this relates to you, but i would think your problem, as linda said, merits a doctor visit...

best of luck to you
    jess

Hi yes that is exactly what I mean. I havnt been wearing my brace as I should and recently my hips have started to hurt and I get numbness and pins and needles. I didn't know whether this was connected to my scoli but after reading your comment it looks like a visit to the doc for me!

Hi leopard
    yes, mine is from my scoli..but i also herniated discs & have degenerative disc disease, so i am not sure how much pain in hips is scoli & how much is discs...when i first damaged the discs, the pain was unbearable...to the point of tears, & i have a pretty good pain tolerance...pain spread to the hips instantly...but i do know the tingling stuff is from nerves...i experienced numbness & tingling before (not in my hips) from lyme disease, & the neurologist told me that it was nerves....

do you know if your discs are in good shape??

take care of yourself..
    jess

actually our 10 year old (who is also severe special needs) has been experiencing some form of discomfort in his back - he tells us "itchy" so we will scratch or rub his back but the husband & I have been wondering if his extreme scoliosis (now 96*) is pinching or pressing making his back feel like pins & needles or some other discomfort he doesn't know how to describe to us --- this has just started in the past year?!?!?!?!
    don't know what to think - just thought I would mention it

Hey my name is Nikki and I am 15. Last year when I wasI was about 14 years old my lumbar scoliosis had gotten worse. One night I remember sitting at my desk and my leg had the pins and needles then my thigh went numb. I was so scared I called my dad at work and asked him if it was like a clot or something and he said no that it was probably my back pressing the nerves. Right after surgery I gained feeling back and it was incredibly. I hope that it goes away for you too...and I hope this helps.
    Just keep looking up.

i get it too

mine not as severe as a sensation. i get it from walking too much or when i do something that hurts my back.that might be why. when shooting at the range i got the sensation and it hurt. it hurt so much i slipped cuz i was too focused in getting to the truck and sprained my wrist. i have to sit just right as to not agravate my back. try sitting a diffrent way. that might help