maybe more surgery!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carole...

Luque rods involved using a Harrington rod with wires. I believe it is all stainless steel.

--Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

?Stainless

Hi Linda

I checked the piece of rod from my back, which I thought said "titanium". Are you surprised that it does not say that? I should have known better! The word just keeps sticking in my head! Sorry! (It actually says "terminal"!)

I am "hunting and pecking" with right hand in large cast after ortho surg for basal joint arthritis and a ganglion removal. Hence the abbreviated language.

BTW, is your site still functioning?? Had trouble with it last nite.

Sincerely,
      Carole
      Carole

Comment

Hi...

Glad you're past the hand surgery. Hope you heal quickly.

I'm not sure about last night, but my site is working right now:

http://www.scoliosislinks.com/

--Linda
        Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
        Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Good morning, first as a senior individual that recieved the first Spinal Fusion in the State of Michigan in 1954 at the good young age of four years old I do not have a rod or any metal of any kind in my back.
          At this age I wish that I would have had, my curvature is extremely severe and does cause me discomfort and pain most of the time. I can not sit or stand for any length of time without adjusting my position, or sleep during the night without waking up. Presently I only take Ibuprofen 600 as needed for pain, I will be honest and sincere with you and say that presently during the summer it is extremely diffiuclt for me. I will pop Ibuprofen like candy at 600mg per tab.
          At the sametime, I'm employed full-time as a Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor, buying a home, and have two wonderful beautiful daughters. I would not change my life for anything, I have adjusted with my disability and have taken control of my life.
          At my age and at my career level, it is time that I focus on assisting my brothers and sisters with Scoliosis, it is my wish to locate a professional position within the State of Michigan working for inclusion of individuals with Scoliosis.
          Please if you know of any Disability Rights Organization, Non-profits or Agencies looking for a highly motivated, determine and successful person with a disability, forward it to my email address or post a reply.
          Live long and prosper!

Comment

MRI - no big deal

Milly-
            I am 35 years old. I had a milwaukee brace starting in 5th grade for three years followed by 2 herrington rod surgerys. I hadn't had any back pain until I started having kids. By the time I had my third (who is now 2) and last the pain in my lower back was quite severe at night. I had a MRI last December. It took about a half hour, it was loud and a little uncomfortable laying on my back flat like that for a half hour, but I was fine. I knew I had to get it done so my doctor could see what's going on with me. I was diagnosed with Flat back syndrome. Don't worry about the MRI. Just get it done so you can move on to problem solving your situation.

Mindy

Comment

Working...
            X