No announcement yet.

Stuck in the same place

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WOAH Brad. Woah. Haha interesting. True, boys always like excuses for that. Haha that was funny. That's really sweet of your wife to do all of that, with dvds and such. Good for you two

Comment

Originally posted by Qikdraw View Post
      LOL

Well I guess I must have my wife trained well then too! Actually she's really a gem, she's read books on massage techniques and even got a few dvds. They have helped her improve quite a bit. She's not up to a properly trained masseuse yet, but she wants to take courses as well. The other benefit to have a spouse massage you is what that can segueway into.
      OMG! You men are ALL ALIKE! Hehe

Comment

Originally posted by Lorraine 1966 View Post
        Quikdraw you and I are or appear to be very similar with our problems, our operations were different but I can understand the pain you are having and love the idea of a memory foam mattress topper, and also I hadn't figured out the pillow thing until you wrote about it, so simple yet so effective.

Thank you so much for your input, you never know who you are helping on this forum eh!
        Lorraine,

You're welcome. Glad I could help, but actually I'm just passing on info I got here about a memory foam topper. If you do a search you'll find a few topics about them and which ones are better, some are cooler than others, etc...

Originally posted by emily4416 View Post
        WOAH Brad. Woah. Haha interesting. True, boys always like excuses for that. Haha that was funny. That's really sweet of your wife to do all of that, with dvds and such. Good for you two
        Emily,

Glad I can make ya laugh. Yes my wife is a special woman. If it weren't for her I'd be in a lot more pain. Its been a bad back week for me this week too, so she's actually massaged me 3 nights in a row, and I still have knots.

Originally posted by MichelleK View Post
        OMG! You men are ALL ALIKE! Hehe
        Michelle,

Well it takes two to tango. (so no playing the innocent female )

Brad
        Surgeries July 26th & August 3rd 1983 (12 years old)
        Still have 57 degree curve
        2 Harrington rods
        Luque method used
        Dr David Bradford
        Twin Cities Scoliosis Center
        Preop xray (with brace on)
        Postop xray

Comment

Originally posted by Qikdraw View Post
          Lorraine,

You're welcome. Glad I could help, but actually I'm just passing on info I got here about a memory foam topper. If you do a search you'll find a few topics about them and which ones are better, some are cooler than others, etc...

Emily,

Glad I can make ya laugh. Yes my wife is a special woman. If it weren't for her I'd be in a lot more pain. Its been a bad back week for me this week too, so she's actually massaged me 3 nights in a row, and I still have knots.

Michelle,

Well it takes two to tango. (so no playing the innocent female )

Brad
          ok, ok, you got me : )

Comment

Emily, what area of the country are you located in?

Comment

writer- united states

brad-yeah..it's been a really bad back week for me too. yesterday was a really rough day. i spend the whole day in tears basically. i'm on my dad's insurance and i don't get to choose my treatment basically. so i feel like a sitting duck. and in the meantime, my hips are in different places...and i'm scared about the future repercussions of waiting, and of it getting worse.

Comment

Hi Emily - sorry you're having a rough go of it right now. Been there also. There are some things that may help. Are you familiar with Schroth? If not, you may want to check out the links Writer provided FoundHere. Some folks (like myself) are using Spinecor with much success too. Maybe some Physical Therapy would also prove helpful. Hoping you feel better soon!

Comment

I can feel for you with your pain - I have excruciating pain most days. By evening time I just want to go to bed. I have an 80+ degree curve and my appt isn't until Aug 19th. That seems like a long time, but I've been waiting three months now, so almost there. Along with the bad back pain, I hae this numbness and tingling that goes around from the back to the front, sorta like a muscle spasm I guess. It's really intermittent, mostlly when the pain is real bad. But, when the spasm hits I can just barely walk or move until it passes. I didn't know if anyone else had experienced syuch a thing. When I went to my orthopedic guy he told me "you're not experiencing the numbness, tingling, etc. around the side to the front, are you? Well, then, we need to get you to see Dr. Lenke, especially with a curve like that and that much pain." Gees, nothing like worrying a girl...
                  Rita Thompson
                  Age 46
                  Milwaukee Brace wearer for 3 years in childhood
                  Surgery Mar 1st - 95 degree thoracic curve
                  Surgery by Dr. Lenke, St. Louis, MO
                  Post-surgery curve 25-30 degree

Comment

yeah i totally get that. i just want to have control over my own back. today i tried to go shopping with some out of town friends. and i couldn't. after an hour i had to leave because the pain got so bad. and then tonight i tried to see and movie that was an hour and a half long. i couldn't do that either. yet my parents want to "hold off". they're just content to move slow. and when i try making plans myself they get ruined because my dad switches insurances. and now i can't. ahhhh

Comment

Working...
                    X