No announcement yet.

Sitting/Standing Duration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh my gosh! I actually had 2 - yes 2 - physical therapists that made fun of the way I walked. They said that they couldn't even imitate my walk it was so odd...I never in a million years thought anyone else was concerned with their walk. It never ceases to amaze me how odd I am not after reading these posts! THANK GOD FOR THIS SITE!

Always Smilin'
    Colleen

1982 fused T2-L1
    pre op 45 - post op 33 (left thoracic)
    pre op 53 - post op 18 (right thoracic)

recheck 2006
    right thoracic 57
    lower lumbar 34

surgical revision April 28,2009
    revision T3-L1; new fusion L1-L4
    unsure of degrees at this point

Comment

a great post here - I beat myself up constantly about how long I should stay up and about/how long I should remain horizontal when I was in the early stages of my recovery - I found this part mentally, very difficult so it's refreshing to read everyone's comments on here - just wish I read them when I was 3 weeks post op.

AustinPaula - yes, listen to your body and do things at your own pace there is a great post somewhere on this site (Suzie I think) about tortoise and the hare ie all getting there in the end. Yes, we all have to be patient patients thats for sure.
      you might call me sad, but I kept a diary - loggin all sorts of info at different times; meds, times I was up, times I rested, times I walked etc - but its good to look back on and realise that its not all 2 steps forward and 4 back - like it so often feels like!
      Keep on restin...its early days yet.
      With very best wishes
      Louisse
      Diagnosed aged 17 thoracic curve of 40°/48? given brace worn for short time but was then told that I had stopped growing and it wasn’t likely to get worse. Follow ups ‘got lost in the system’ and I chose to ignore until age approx 33, after two children. Now nearly 42yrs curve was progressing (last xrays 67 degrees) and increasing 'backache' so surgery (posterior T3 - L1) went ahead beginning of September 2008 in UK - thoracic curve now approx 20° and I look a lot straighter!

Comment

Working...
      X