Surgery Revision

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surgery Revision

I'm coimg up to the 2 year mark of when I had my Scoliosis operation. How long after the surgery does the doctor have to check my back to see if the rods havent broken etc?

I'm just confused about it thats all.
    2002 - 42 degree curve (top) and 38 degree curve (bottom)

2003 - 43 degree curve (top) and 37 degree curve (bottom)

2007 - 46 degree curve (top) and 48 degree curve (bottom)

Anterior/Posterior surgery 17th of July and 31st of July 2007 and 2.5 cm's taller

Hi Cina,I live in Launceston. Who did your operation?? Just wondering as I have been to see Peter Wilson. I answered then realised I misread your post, sorry. When I was operated on no one told me when to go back and see my doctor in Melbourne, it would have helped me if I had have had some idea. Why not not just ring up and ask them, I wish I had have done. My own silly fault for not doing so.

Lorraine.
    Last edited by Lorraine 1966; 07-04-2009, 03:15 AM.
    Operated on in 1966, harrington rods inserted from T4 to L3, here in Australia. Fusion of the said vertebrae as well. Problems for the last 14 years with pain.
    Something I feel deeply,"Life is like money,you can spend it anyway you wish, but can only spend it once.

Comment

Hi Cina...

If you're asymptomatic, I don't personally think there's any reason to go back to the surgeon. With that said, I'll tell you that many people see their surgeons every year. It's really up to you, and how much radiation exposure you're willing to take.

Regards,
      Linda
      Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
      Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

I've been going back to see the docter every year in the nearly 2 years. they keep sending me out appointments to go for these check ups. I was told it was every but didnt go into massive detail what it actually ment.

In reply to the first replied post Peter Turner operated on my back, in 2007
        2002 - 42 degree curve (top) and 38 degree curve (bottom)

2003 - 43 degree curve (top) and 37 degree curve (bottom)

2007 - 46 degree curve (top) and 48 degree curve (bottom)

Anterior/Posterior surgery 17th of July and 31st of July 2007 and 2.5 cm's taller

Comment

Hi Cina,

I had Peter Turner perform my operation in May this year, so far I've had my 3 month check-up with another Ct scan, Xray and checkup due in October. After that I'm not really sure. I've found Kate from Dr Turner's room very helpful she might be able to help you.

Would love to hear more of your details as were both from Melb.

cheers
          Rhonda (kaizan)
          diagnosed aged 12, boston brace 12 months
          curve 69 degree T12 to L4.
          Posterior fusion T4 to L3? with Post/Ant rods. 22 May 09:

Comment

Way back when, I was told to come back at 1,2 and 5 years post op. After that I went back at 8 years and 20 years post-op due to low back pain, and then 40 years post op due to neurological problems in one leg.
            1966 fusion in Buffalo of 11 thoracic vertebrae, with Harrington rod

Comment

Wow Julie, I'm in awe.

I saw my surgeon at 3 and 6 months and my next one is scheduled for my one year anniversary, March 3, 2010. I'm hoping that will be it.
              Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
              Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
              T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
              Osteotomies and Laminectomies
              Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

hi there! My son had surgery at the end of March 2005. The hospital x-rayed yearly. We had an x-ray in June (4 years post op) and they found a broken rod. I was told we would "wait and see" x-raying every three months. We go back on October 14. My problem is my son has Down syndrome, is verbally challenged, and has a high pain threashold. However, he is crooked, moves very slowly, and his disposition has changed. I dread another surgery!

Comment

Working...
                X