Boston Back Brace 8/07 – 12/07
    VBS 12/10/07 Boston Children's Hospital
    Dr. Hresko
    40 Degrees before VBS
    11 Degrees now!! (2012)

Nathan's VBS Video

www.vertebralstapling.com

Comment

Hi Deb, just to let you know I'm thinking of Geno. I had halo traction for a few weeks years ago when I was 10, and I had to have the screws tightened with a spanner every day - it didn't hurt but it upset me a lot so I really do sympathise. Geno sounds very brave, I'll send him a card from London

Toni xx

Comment

Thanks so much for the thoughts and birthday wishes! Geno had a real nice birthday here. It was different than if we were at home but it was still nice, many of the staff sang happy birthday to him, decorated his room a bit and the recreation room staff even gave him a birthday present; something he has been wanting.. a telescope! I think we are gonna give it a try tonight.. It was rainy here last night.
        Geno is doing really well. They just bumped his weights up to 15 pounds today and it doesn't seem to be bothering him much at all so far. I think staying busy and playing those video games he loves so much is really helping keep his mind off of it. We also talked with the doctor today and she said his x-rays were looking really nice with already about 20 degrees in decrease to his curve... so that would be about 110 as opposed to 130.. yay! Not bad for just 11 days in traction so far. I will try to post a pic or two of him soon so you all can see him.

Thanks again to all of you!
        Deb

Comment

Update

I just wanted to post an update on how Geno has done thus far.
          We have been here a month now at Shriners and as I stated before, he came into the hospital with a 130 degree curve.. as of yesterday he is at 92 degrees through Halo Traction!
          I am so thrilled that he is showing some decrease every week so far and it gives me alot of hope for the outcome after surgery.
          We still have 73 days left before surgery.. but who's counting?
          Also, I don't know if any of you had sent any cards, but if so, unfortunately we didn't get them , but thank you anyway.
          Will try to remember to update again in another month.

Comment

Hi Deb!

Thrilling news for Geno! I'm so glad to hear he's doing so well. I am still praying hard for him. I'm not on the forum much, but it's nice to hear from you and hear your updates. Time is going by so fast, Geno's surgery will be here before you know it.

Much love to Geno

Comment

Hi Deb,

I don't know if you're still reading these forums, but if you are, good luck with Geno's surgery. It must be coming up very, very soon.

I'm still saying prayers for Geno and you.

May God watch over and protect Geno.

Comment

Working...
              X