"Wrong Way" Curve?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Wrong Way" Curve?

I have had scoliosis for about 5 years and wore a brace for 3 of them. Only recently did my doctor mention that my left side C curve of about 30 degrees is abnormal. She mentioned that I should get an MRI on it and I don't really know why. My mom and i researched left side curves but didn't find much helpful information. I was wondering if anyone has any clue what an MRI may find/ why i need it.

Do you have a thoracic or a lumbar curve?

Comment

Originally posted by scoli-girl View Post
      I have had scoliosis for about 5 years and wore a brace for 3 of them. Only recently did my doctor mention that my left side C curve of about 30 degrees is abnormal. She mentioned that I should get an MRI on it and I don't really know why. My mom and i researched left side curves but didn't find much helpful information. I was wondering if anyone has any clue what an MRI may find/ why i need it.
      Hi...

It would only be abnormal if it were a left thoracic curve. It might mean nothing, but it could mean Arnold-Chiari, a spinal cord tumor, or a neuromuscular disorder.

http://journals.lww.com/spinejournal...iation.10.aspx

Regards,
      Linda
      Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
      Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Mine was left curving. I only learned on this board that it could point to another problem, but I'm fine. Good luck!
        Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
        Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
        T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
        Osteotomies and Laminectomies
        Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

I have a thiracic curve. Thank you for your help.

Comment

Left Thoriac Curve

My daughter has a left thoriac curve and had to have an MRI to rule out the possibility of a tumor. Apparently, right curves are more predominat. Like Right handed people. And there is a medical theory that Left curves are caused by a bigger problem. However, thankfully, there is no bigger problem causing her curve to be left. Just like there is no cause for some people to be left handed.

Comment

Working...
            X