Torso Rotation Strength Training for Scoliosis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mamamax View Post
    Lori Dolan would like to come to town, maybe we should be better behaved.
    If you think there has been some dope-slapping to date, just wait if/when we get a non-bunny like Dolan.

The level of lay, untrained speculation here has reached operatic levels. We need an expert to edify folks.
    Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
    Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

• And THAT (the attitude) right there Sharon, is what will keep some very interesting people from coming to this forum - people who could contribute a LOT to our knowledge base. We could use her here Sharon. I've corresponded with her - and I'm as lay as lay can get - but she would never make me feel that way.
      Last edited by mamamax; 12-07-2009, 05:27 PM.

Comment

• It is not moral failure to be a bunny. You shouldn't feel bad about not becoming a researcher in this field.

Why do you think it is an insult to have the obvious pointed out... that you, me, and virtually everyone here is a lay, untrained bunny?

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

• As always (in life) it is not what is said - so much as it is - how it is said

Really, the worst I can accuse you of is being high spirited - and that's actually admirable. Sometimes however, I do wish that when you pointed out the "truth" as you see it - that it could be done a little .... softer?

Just my viewpoint - from the perspective of someone with scoliosis, who would like a "safe" place to exchange thoughts and ideas .. in a world that is oftentimes already more real that I care to acknowledge. If that makes any sense?

Comment

• yes.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

• I thought you would understand - Glad I was right about that :-)

Comment

• pooka1

Pooka1

Your opinions are not a problem. The problem is that you are an angry woman who tries in every post to create conflict.

You know better than to try that dog and pony show on other boards because you'll get clipped. I can't think of a single angry post by you on the Yahoo Juvenile/Infantile group. Same story on scoliosis.org.

This proves that the problem isn't you, because you aren't a nuisance on other boards. The problem is LindaRacine. Her job is to keep you and people like you in line but she never does her job.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dingo View Post
                  Pooka1

Your opinions are not a problem. The problem is that you are an angry woman who tries in every post to create conflict.
                  Your problem is that I'm too factual.

You know better than to try that dog and pony show on other boards because you'll get clipped. I can't think of a single angry post by you on the Yahoo Juvenile/Infantile group.
                  I don't post to Yahoo Juvenile/Infantile group because I don't have a child with JIS or IIS nor have I ever requested a login for that group.

Same story on scoliosis.org.
                  I voluntarily stopped posting on SSO for a reason.

This proves that the problem isn't you, because you aren't a nuisance on other boards.
                  You WILL be surprised to learn this is the most moderated board I post on with the exception of SSO which is more moderated that anything else I have ever thought about posting on (or will think about posting on in the future).

People need to control what they read. It is flat out lazy to ask moderators to do that for lazy readers.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

• I think our moderation here is open - for a reason. Just a theory of mine, that maybe Joe wanted us to have a place where we could communicate just about anything - including letting off steam once in awhile. And that certainly makes for some pretty hair raising times.

Maybe from here - we can change the way we deal with each other, for the better.

Call me odd - but I believe in us - and believe we can.

SSO bty - is a fine example of civilized discussion - and while I do think it's good to be able to blow off steam once in awhile - maybe a separate topic thread could be created just for that :-)
                    Last edited by mamamax; 12-07-2009, 06:18 PM.

Comment

• This is not open moderation. I post almost completely in places with no moderation and you can bet your bottom dollar if there are complaints they are quickly followed by charges of folks being too lazy to control what they read.

It is always better to control what you read rather than being totalitarian and trying to control what others write. ALWAYS.

And I don't want a moderator controlling what I read.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

• Yes, and it's also a good rule of thumb to treat others with respect - even if we don't respect them - making discussions more productive. Certainly you know that from the professional circles you move in, I would think .. in which case, I apologize for preaching to the choir ;-)
                        Last edited by mamamax; 12-07-2009, 06:34 PM.

Comment

• "voluntary"

Pooka1

I voluntarily stopped posting on SSO for a reason.
                          I wonder what their side of the story would be on that. Odds are good that the moderators on scoliosis.org called you on the endless stream of hateful crap that you spew. That's something that needs to happen here.

Practically everything you post, right down to your signature is designed to stir conflict.
                          Last edited by Dingo; 12-08-2009, 07:51 AM.

Comment

Pooka1

I wonder what their side of the story would be on that. Odds are good that the moderators on scoliosis.org called you on the endless stream of crap that you spew. That's something that needs to happen here.

Practically everything you post, right down to your signature is designed to stir conflict.
                            I posted recently on Mark's thread. That is proof you are wrong. You are wrong about a lot of things and stubborn about admitting it.

You have no sense of things.

You are wrong that I did not voluntarily stop posting on SSO. I invite Titch to relay my exchange with her saying exactly that.

You are wrong about my status as a researcher.

You are wrong about the literature.

You are wrong about your "understanding" of how researchers operate.

You are wrong about more things than you are right about.

You are wrong if you think this place is not moderated.

You are reckless.
                            Last edited by Pooka1; 12-08-2009, 08:01 AM.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

• New post on SSO

http://www.scoliosis-support.org/forumdisplay.php?f=14

I just posted this thread on SSO showing you are wrong (again).

You have no sense for things.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

Pooka1
                                That's a common complaint about material that is too factual for certain folks.

Complaints about form are almost always about substance that dare not speak their name. Adults complaining about factual material is unseemly to say the least so we instead get complaints about "tone."

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

Working...
                                X