Torso Rotation Strength Training for Scoliosis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok, I'm just fed up now.

YES, you did indeed voluntarily cease to post, but what you have failed to say is that you did so when faced with the option of either ceasing to be unpleasant, or being placed on permanent moderation so that we could remove the invective from your posts and reduce them to the informational content.

THAT is what we try to moderate at SSo - not the information, but the tone.

This is my second post across here, and the second one related to arguments from here being dragged across onto SSo. Not acceptable. I don't care what you all get up to over here, SSo is a different place and I will not have it dragged down into a mire of argument just to satisfy a very few members. Post whatever information you like, but be respectful in how you do it - that's all we ask.
    aka Titch

Comment

• This is why I avoid moderated fora.

Form over substance.
      Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
      Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

• Okay Titch has now put me on "permanent" moderation on SSO for posting that last post.

I challenge her to point out any instance whatsoever when I was not trying to contribute facts (as far as I know them this not being my field) or pointing out that others were posting counterfactual information.

While not directly analogous because I'm nowhere near being an expert in scoliosis, I have seen experts on other groups dealing with other topics who contributed immensely with advice on their own time for no reason other than to help others sometimes get kicked off moderated groups for form over substance issues. That is Exhibit A in cutting off your nose to spite your face. If they do that enough it's just going to be the blind leading the blind leading the naked.
        Last edited by Pooka1; 12-08-2009, 06:30 PM. Reason: clarity
        Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
        Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

• on this board

Pooka1

On this board you are a very hateful person. If your personal life is similar you are not in a healthy place. I'm not sure if you have a physical or emotional problem or you have a hard life and this is how you blow off steam. But from one human being to another something is wrong and you need to find out what that is. Everybody gets angry but if you feel like this all of the time something is not healthy in your life.

In my mind I'm putting every fight we've ever had in the past. To me that's history, gone forever. But this is what you need to hear. I'm not trying to be Dr. Phil, I'm just saying that something isn't right.
          Last edited by Dingo; 12-08-2009, 06:39 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dingo View Post
            Pooka1

On this board you are a very hateful person. If your personal life is similar you are not in a healthy place. I'm not sure if you have a physical or emotional problem or you have a hard life and this is how you blow off steam. But from one human being to another something is wrong and you need to find out what that is. Everybody gets angry but if you feel like this all of the time something is not healthy in your life.

In my mind I'm putting every fight we've ever had in the past. To me that's history, gone forever. But this is what you need to hear. I'm not trying to be Dr. Phil, I'm just saying that something isn't right.
            If you'll quit changing your post, maybe my response will make sense.

Dingo, since you've decided this is an intervention, let's take a look at how ridiculous it is for you to pretend you're an expert. You have people here (mostly newbies - within the last year, anyway) who think you actually know what you're talking about. A bonafide genetic researcher has tried to point out some flaws in your logic, but you act like her input is worthless. You may have reaped some benefit from listening to her - and maybe it isn't too late.

I truly *hope* some of the things you continually cite are just around the corner. As you've continued posting, however, I have to wonder: Have you so completely lost perspective that you can't see how you've begun to see a pattern in all chaos? You have gotten to the point you don't even NEED evidence for anything ... as long as you *want* it to be true.

As a parent, *that* I can understand: I still find your lay research (more so the presentation of it as fact) a disservice here.

It's unfortunate that people who don't deal in pixie dust will likely always been seen by you as "angry". They rain on your parade holding you to standards of research and proof. The fact of the matter, Dingo - and one that's been drug out in front of you (and a few others) repeatedly, is EVIDENCE talks. You don't have that. You (and a few others, again) continually reference the same studies in whatever context fits your daily requirement.

There have been a few things you've posted that actually made me think "Hmmm. That ~could~ makes sense." ... but then you ruin it with the next post.

Do you realize how incredibly much you've bitten off (infectious disease to other pathology to genetics to asymmetrical musculature to topiary), and WHY you have the potential to be so damaging to those who really just want to believe you have an answer (THE answers) when the experts don't?
            Fusion is NOT the end of the world.
            AIDS Walk Houston 2008 5K @ 33 days post op!

41, dx'd JIS & Boston braced @ 10
            Pre-op ±53°, Post-op < 20°
            Fused 2/5/08, T4-L1 ... Darrell S. Hanson, Houston

VIEW MY X-RAYS
            EMAIL ME

Comment

• Rif

txmarinemom

PSA: Reading is FUNdamental
              Last edited by Dingo; 12-08-2009, 09:27 PM.

Comment

Yeah. That's about what I'd expect you to have after your meltdown ...

VIEW MY X-RAYS
                EMAIL ME

Comment

• Is it possible for the hostile conversation to be moved to some other venue - maybe a chat room, so that a parent here (Dingo) may continue sharing some worthwhile information with other parents and patients?

Comment

Pooka1

Your opinions are not a problem. The problem is that you are an angry woman who tries in every post to create conflict.

You know better than to try that dog and pony show on other boards because you'll get clipped. I can't think of a single angry post by you on the Yahoo Juvenile/Infantile group. Same story on scoliosis.org.

This proves that the problem isn't you, because you aren't a nuisance on other boards. The problem is LindaRacine. Her job is to keep you and people like you in line but she never does her job.
                    I'm not the only moderator, so you might at least include the others when you're trashing me.
                    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
                    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
                    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

• Could we please have some moderation and leadership like is found at SSO?

Comment

• Originally posted by oojackapivvy View Post
                        Ok, I'm just fed up now.

YES, you did indeed voluntarily cease to post, but what you have failed to say is that you did so when faced with the option of either ceasing to be unpleasant, or being placed on permanent moderation so that we could remove the invective from your posts and reduce them to the informational content.

THAT is what we try to moderate at SSo - not the information, but the tone.

This is my second post across here, and the second one related to arguments from here being dragged across onto SSo. Not acceptable. I don't care what you all get up to over here, SSo is a different place and I will not have it dragged down into a mire of argument just to satisfy a very few members. Post whatever information you like, but be respectful in how you do it - that's all we ask.
                        Moderation and leadership like this - Please!
                        Last edited by mamamax; 12-08-2009, 10:28 PM.

Comment

• What would be the point of being just like another forum? If you want politically correct everything, SSO may be the place for you. I didn't moderate Sharon or Pam when I didn't agree with them, so I'm not going to do it now.
                          Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
                          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
                          Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

• Civilized behavior - belongs EVERYWHERE

Comment

• Originally posted by mamamax View Post
                              Moderation and leadership like this - Please!
                              Is your IP address stuck in a loop? For that matter is Dingo's?

To you SSO mods, I don't post on your site ... maybe I have in the past - I'm not sure. Apparently, a few here are appreciative of your venue.

I mean no disrespect to you when I say to them, "If you like the way it's run, safe trip!".

Stop whining already. Please.

VIEW MY X-RAYS
                              EMAIL ME

Comment

• If everyone here is not appreciative of quality leadership in action - well, they should be.

Without it (like we are experiencing here) this board appears (by contrast) to be run by a bunch of very "Ugly Americans" in some chat room... which is not fair representation of the majority of patients and parents here.

Invitation to leave declined - and note it (the invitation) works both ways (regarding the non surgical forums).

Last edited by mamamax; 12-09-2009, 05:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X