need a quick answer by saturday night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need a quick answer by saturday night

Hi Guys I am just over a year post op as some of you know.
    My brother wants me and him to go to the download festival on Sunday which is a big music festival for people who dont know.

Here is the prob do you guys think i would be able to drive 250 miles spend a day at a music festival with abut 60,000 other people and then 250 mile trip home...I dont know if my back would be ok or not with all that in one go and he cant help with driving as he doesnt have a licence

Thank you for any replies.

Angela
    Angela, 25 England.
    75 curve top of spine, and getting worse slowly.
    Surgery on 21st May 2008. T3-L4
    Op went well 20ish degree curve now.
    May need op in 18 months to remove rods due to pain, but might calm down when bone graft has healed, less pain now, just some shoulder blade pain, and a cold spot in middle right of back.

Angela,

I flew from US to England at 7 months post op and then from US to Australia at 15 months. I spent a lot of time standing in the back of the plane but did ok. If you have been doing well generally and are able to alternately sit and stand, you should be ok. Watch out for unruly crowds though.
    Jan Lotherington,
    56* thoracic curve, 50* lumbar curve
    A/P fusion T3-Sacrum, Dec 11&13 2007
    at age 55
    Dr Bridwell

Comment

Angela,

Maybe it's your youth but even before my surgery, before I had pain, I wouldn't have considered doing all that in one day. LOL I'm 8 months out right now and I think the 250 mile drive one way in a day is as much as I could take.

But again, remember you've got your youth on your side.

Milwalkee Brace 1976 - 79
      Told by Dr. my curve would never progress

Surgery 10/15/08 in NYC by Dr. Michael Neuwirth
      Pre-Surgury Thorasic: 66 degrees
      Pre-Surgery Lumbar: 66 degrees

Post-Surgery Thorasic: 34 degrees
      Post-Surgery Lumbar: 22 degrees

Comment

Hiya and thank you for the replies, I dont think I will chance it, will probably save the money for a normal gig if I want to go to one.

The festival as I found out today is online anyway so can watch it there and will probably be able to see a lot more anyway, and will be safe at home without the trip home afterwards.

Angela
        xx
        Angela, 25 England.
        75 curve top of spine, and getting worse slowly.
        Surgery on 21st May 2008. T3-L4
        Op went well 20ish degree curve now.
        May need op in 18 months to remove rods due to pain, but might calm down when bone graft has healed, less pain now, just some shoulder blade pain, and a cold spot in middle right of back.

Comment

Working...
        X