Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Question, 11 months post-op. (Sorry I vanished!!!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Question, 11 months post-op. (Sorry I vanished!!!)

Okay, so first of all, sorry I left this place!!! I should be answering questions and stuff but I sort of forgot I joined here. ^^; My dad reminded me when the question I'd like to ask came up.

So here is the question: Since I'm 11 months post-op, do you think I could ride roller coasters at Six Flags?

My middle school's grad night is tomorrow. My doctor said I'm okay to go on any rides there (this was a month or two ago) and my parents are apprehensively agreeing. I'd like to ease their mind with some positive feedback from other people. ^^

I won't go on that scary new Terminator ride because my doctor has never been on it, it was made after he told me I can go, and it kinda looks menacing lol.

Thanks in advance!

-Rachel~13~Surgery happened
    -It was July 10th
    -Curves were 57 degrees in upper back and 67 in lower pre-op
    -Dunno all of the terms yet so idk where I fused to or w/e...
    -Would love to chat with anybody at all, especially people with comments/concerns/advice!

Rachey,
    My son got the okay the other day at 5 1/2 months post op. He was told he could go on all amusement rides. Every docotor's recommendation is different, though.
    Bethany

Comment

Per our surgeon, ~95% of kids need NO restrictions whatsoever FROM DAY ONE to get a good fusion.

There are top-shelf surgeons out there who don't restrict at least some (maybe all) of their patients AT ALL AT ANY POINT.

You are 11 months out. Even if you were in that 5% that needs restriction to get a good fusion, you are beyond that point now.

I can understand why your surgeon says you can go on any ride now.
      Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
      Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

Don't know if you've been on it, but Sheena rode Disney's Space Mountain at 7 months post op with no problems. That's about the limit of her desire for roller coasters though.

Comment

I think my son's doctor is on the extreme other end as far as being cautious. He didn't recommend roller coasters for 2 years post op. I think the ones that might jolt you are the ones to watch out for. I'm not much of a roller coaster person but am thinking the older wooden ones might not be so good.
          It always amazes me how different doctors opinions are. Maybe they don't really know but some would rather play it safe then sorry.
          mom of Patrick, age 15 at time of surgery
          diagnosed July 2006 curves T58 L 38

Nov. 2006 curves T72 L38
          also lordoscoliosis

feb.2007 curves T79 L43

Surgery May 16 2007
          fused T4 to L1

Comment

Working...
          X