No announcement yet.

Oxycodone/Oxycontin side effects??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I usually take 4 Lortab 10/500's a day...2 in th morning and 2 at night. If I am having a particularly rough day, I'll take 2 in the afternoon as well.

The Oxycontin and Dilaudid I got off of those with no problems...

Unfortunately, I cannot go to sleep on my own at night without Ambien or taking the Zanaflex :/ I wanted to try and stop taking a sleep aid, but I get NO sleep and it makes for a very grouchy mama the next day and my back seems to be more achy when I don't get a full nights sleep. So I guess I'll just be a sleep-aid junkie

There are some days I can get by with just taking OTC Tylenol all day, and 2 Lortab at night...just depends on the day.

Speaking of sleep...I better get to it G'night all!
    .: St@ci :.
    28 years old
    Mama to two daughters
    Diagnosed at 12 with double curves.
    No treatment.
    Decided on surgery 16 years later.
    Thoracic curve - 65
    Lumbar curve- 63
    Surgery was on January 15, 2009.
    Fused T2-L3
    No more curves now!

Happier now than ever!
    http://www.lifeiscrooked.blogspot.com

Comment

Wow! Lots of talk about meds. I've been jotting them all down to talk to my surgeon about. I can't tolerate Morphine (bad vomiting), and Hydromorphone, Dilaudid and Codeine are derivatives. I did well with Percoset after my caesereans, but sounds like I will need something more potent. I've been existing on Alleve for years, and I can really feel it now since the doc made me quit. No NSAIDS before or after. It affects healing.

16 days to surgery and counting... Pray for me!
      Sandy

Thoracic curve was 55 degrees, now 30
      Lumbar curve was 68 degrees, now 26
      Rib rotation was 17 degrees, now 0
      Degenerated discs and sacral arthritic spurs, plus significant spondylosis
      Fused 8/13/09 at age 43 from T-9 to pelvis with iliac screws anchoring hardware to the pelvis, plus osteomies by Drs. Anthony Moreno and Geoff Cronen, Tampa, FL

Comment

Hi Sandy

I have had issues with vomiting after my shoulder surgery. When I had my gall bladder out, I asked the anesthesiologist about adding more antiemetics to the mix. He did just that and I was fine. Its a way of controlling the vomiting.

The gave me antimetics when I was released from the hospital after my scoli surgeries, but I never took them.
        I did have a few issues with vomiting and I guess I just got used to it. I was released with Oxy 5/325 and it wasn't enough so they gave me Percs 7.5/325 about a week later.

The constipation issue is important. Morphine constipation IS painful. Its like swallowing cement, then adding water. Time for the jackhammer! LOL

Keep a bottle of Magnesium Citrate at the house just in case. That is needed just in case the Colace and all the others do not work. My hospital told me not to use x-lax.

Ed
        49 yr old male, now 63, the new 64...
        Pre surgery curves T70,L70
        ALIF/PSA T2-Pelvis 01/29/08, 01/31/08 7" pelvic anchors BMP
        Dr Brett Menmuir St Marys Hospital Reno,Nevada

Bending and twisting pics after full fusion
        http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showt...on.&highlight=

My x-rays
        http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...2&d=1228779214

http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...3&d=1228779258

Comment

Originally posted by doodie View Post

I hope this restless leg thing passes too! It’s really bizarre.
          Neurontin helps with restless leg. As soon as I was off of the heavy duty meds, I also started with the restless leg syndrome. It can be very frustrating and definitely robs you of much needed sleep.
          Sally
          Diagnosed with severe lumbar scoliosis at age 65.
          Posterior Fusion L2-S1 on 12/4/2007. age 67
          Anterior Fusion L3-L4,L4-L5,L5-S1 on 12/19/2007
          Additional bone removed to decompress right side of L3-L4 & L4-L5 on 4/19/2010
          New England Baptist Hospital, Boston, MA
          Dr. Frank F. Rands735.photobucket.com/albums/ww360/butterflyfive/

"In God We Trust" Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

Comment

Working...
          X