Scoliosis and the Human Spine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scoliosis and the Human Spine

Have just received Martha's Book Scoliosis and the Human Spine (available through NSF .. all proceeds from this book, donated directly to NSF for research and patient education and support). Ordered the scolio band as well as those proceeds are also donated to NSF.

There is a chapter favorably devoted to Schroth .. those of us seeking and using this method will find of great interest. Upon first quick review of this work, i believe the information within it will forever change how i look at this condition. Few comments in this work that are not openly supported through citation (over 700 i believe, and based upon over 10,000 research works and other data). I had hoped to see more of Martha's personal experience but what i have found is the most complete and comprehensive work regarding scoliosis and its treatment - written in terms all may easily understand.

I highly recommend it to anyone with this condition - or any parent of a child with this condition. The first chapter alone on Definitions and Diagnosis is invaluable. Cobb angle discussion has cleared up many questions for me.

Anyone else have this book? Would be interested in some discussion of it.

NSF Bookstore:
    http://www.scoliosis.org/store/books.php

Scoliosis and the Human Spine
    Martha C Hawes
    A critical review of clinical approaches to the treatment
    of spinal deformity in the United States
    and a proposal for change
    Last edited by mamamax; 05-25-2009, 11:52 AM.

Informative and easy to read

The book is a very good information resource and it is easy to read for parents and patients.
    I have a copy that my patients can take home and read. It is a highly appreciated book among them.
    A practitioner seeking answers to enhance the treatment of Idiopathic Scoliosis

Blog: www.fixscoliosis.com/

Comment

Originally posted by mamamax View Post
      I had hoped to see more of Martha's personal experience but what i have found is the most complete and comprehensive work regarding scoliosis and its treatment - written in terms all may easily understand.[/I]
      Martha's personal experience can be found in her memoir "Unwinding"...I don't own "Scoliosis & the Human Spine", so I can't comment on it, but "Unwinding" is a great book...very easy to read and very interesting...more like a "fun to read" story than a technical textbook on scoliosis...

Comment

Thanks for the comments about Martha Hawe's books. I will have to look into them, they sound quite interesting.

Comment

Working...
        X