Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im 14, in a Providence Brace

Hey!
    Im pretty new on this website, so are there any teens out there (like 14ish) that have minor curves? I feel bad complaining about a 20 degree curve. I am wearing a providence brace, which isnt fun at all! but could be so much worse!! Hope to talk to you soon!!
    Courtsta!

Beautiful Inside and Out...
    Even with a curve!

Don't feel bad about a 20 degree curve! That's great! (well that's not great, but it's relatively small)

My biggest curve is 8* higher than yours.

I'm fifteen, and I also wear a brace, but mine is a Boston. You're so lucky you don't have to wear yours during the day! Though I've really gotten used to my 21-hour-a-day wearing schedule.

Anyway, you should check out SpineKids. It's like this forum, only it has a lot more kids and teens.

Good luck with your scoli

- Steph

Stephanie. Fifteen.
    Boston Braced Since March 26, 2009.
    2 thoracic curves: 28 and 22 degrees.
    1 lower lumbar curve: 14 degrees.

One leg is longer than the other; pelvic tilt.
    Curves are reversing in my brace!
    Mother and sister with mild scoliosis,
    and treatment was not required.

"I am uneven.
    2 Halves.
    1 body.
    A curve.
    So what?
    Mistakes.
    They lie.
    Within.
    My spine.
    I.
    Do not.
    Match up.
    Inside.
    And outside.
    I am uneven."

written by me. on May 7, 2008.

Comment

I'm in the same situation only I'm just about to get my brace. I have like a 27* or so curve. I have had the idea of a brace hanging over my head for quite some time now. I once had a doctor take a bad xray and he didn't want to re-check it so for 6 months of waiting and crying, I had to go in for my appointment. Thankfully I didn't need one. But I had done so much research and wondering that this time when I went in for my appointment with a different doctor. I was a little less scared of it even though it was a complete surprise. So now I go in today to get a MRI on my spine and then pick up my brace. I'm really nervous but I know that it will be all ok. By the way, I am getting a Providence brace and I am 13.
      *Harper* *Smith*
      The Curves In My Life Are What Make Me, Me.
      Providence Brace Nighttime 10 Hours. Since July 20th 2010. Entering 8th Grade. 16 Countries Around The World Since 10 Years Old

Comment

Hi at the moment my curve is 20 and 16 im due to be checked!
        i am 14 years old. But have not been offered a brace yet.

Comment

Working...
        X