doc question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• doc question

I have people coming into my house because of the serious troubles with my surgery (nurses and PT). They were SHOCKED that I don't meet iwth my surgeon until June 22 and suggested that I keep in close contact with my primary. Is this wrong that he's waiting so long and trusting the primary physicians? Luckily my primary met with me today and schedule me again in 3 weeks. I just find it weird that he wouldn't have more intrest in me than that.

My pain is 100 on a scale of 1 to 10 today. It's been an awful day. My wonderful hubby took care of dinner and homework and baths. He's sooooo great...I didn't realize what a gem I had in him. But he knows that alll I've done is cry most of the day (so UNLLIKE me). Sorry for the bad spelling tonite but I'm beyond caring for spelling (and Im and English major).

Just curious on other's recovery process. Gotta run - can't sit any longer.

Always Smilin'
    Colleen

1982 fused T2-L1
    pre op 45 - post op 33 (left thoracic)
    pre op 53 - post op 18 (right thoracic)

recheck 2006
    right thoracic 57
    lower lumbar 34

surgical revision April 28,2009
    revision T3-L1; new fusion L1-L4
    unsure of degrees at this point

So, you're frustrated too w/Dr Tribus I see. My surgery w/him was mid Jan and I didnt have my 1st check up w/him til March 5th. A little more than 7 weeks. Are you having issues w/refills and nurses too...like you and I talked about in the past? Im starting to wonder......yikes. Especially in your post from the other day, when you said Dr Tribus said he's never had a patient in all of his surgeries, loose 3 units of blood. Like I said, I lost 6......I hope we didnt make a mistake.

I am also in contact w.my primary doctor and she advised me that if I cant get what I needed from Madison, I can always be seen there. They are a little more understanding when it comes to meds & pain levels I think...mainly because your primary is not used to such an evasive surgery/lengthy recovery.

I go again July 20th....which will end up being a little more than 6 months post op. He said he want to see me at 9 months then a year. Then, if all goes well, annually, or as needed....which ever comes 1st.

You are still pretty early out. I remember feeling great one day and like complete crap the next. One day I would be happy, the next depressed and crabby. I cried alot...mainly because I wanted my "old life back" is what I would say. After 6 weeks, it got A LOT better and the pain started to ease off. Once my attitude changed(I was a little negative for awhile) I noticed myself feeling better as well.

I hope you can get some relief from your primary & I hope you filled out the customer care survey from Dr Tribus office. I did a few times, and was very honest. Im waiting for my "dont come back if you dont like it" letter! lol ha ha ha ha

Take care....

Lynn
    Lynn -30.... something
    DxD @ 8 yrs old: 10* curve-no brace-no nothin'!
    At age 26: Thorasic 48*/Lumbar 50*
    At age 34: Thorasic 58*/Lumbar 60*
    Posterior T5-L4 Fusion Jan 14th, 2009 w/Dr Tribus
    UW Madison, WI Hospital
    **AFTER: less than 10* Thorasic/15* Lumbar**

Comment

I feel for you AS, with your pain. I can't offer much except to say that it's still VERY early days at this point and it does get better, I promise.

PS My first follow up appt. was at 8 weeks.

Jen
      Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
      Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
      T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
      Osteotomies and Laminectomies
      Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

Hi AlwaysSmiling. My first follow-up was at three months. Sorry to hear you have been in so much pain. Sometimes I think these Doctors rely too much on their office staff to make decisions as to who should be seen and when. Good luck.
        Sally
        Diagnosed with severe lumbar scoliosis at age 65.
        Posterior Fusion L2-S1 on 12/4/2007. age 67
        Anterior Fusion L3-L4,L4-L5,L5-S1 on 12/19/2007
        Additional bone removed to decompress right side of L3-L4 & L4-L5 on 4/19/2010
        New England Baptist Hospital, Boston, MA
        Dr. Frank F. Rands735.photobucket.com/albums/ww360/butterflyfive/

"In God We Trust" Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

Comment

Hot baths worked well for me. Turn the hot water heater up.

Latex foam on the bed, 2-3 inches thick, and hot baths.

Its a tough time right now, I was there. Just try to maintain. I had my meds upped at 3 weeks to Percocet 7.5/325
          Take a stool softener every day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          Ed
          49 yr old male, now 63, the new 64...
          Pre surgery curves T70,L70
          ALIF/PSA T2-Pelvis 01/29/08, 01/31/08 7" pelvic anchors BMP
          Dr Brett Menmuir St Marys Hospital Reno,Nevada

Bending and twisting pics after full fusion
          http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showt...on.&highlight=

My x-rays
          http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...2&d=1228779214

http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...3&d=1228779258

Comment

Working...