SOSORT Lyon 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"'Anti-bracing' activists"!

"I wouldn't want to belong to any club that would have me as a member." - Groucho Marx
    Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
    Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

Originally posted by LindaRacine View Post
      There are some "anti-bracing" activists who post a lot, but I'm fairly certain that I would describe the National Scoliosis Foundation as pro-bracing.

--Linda
      If you recognize and discuss the limits of the bracing studies, does that make you an anti-bracing activist? I hope not.

Now if you replace "anti-bracing" with "anti-alternative treatments" then I would say there does seem to be some activism here that could be mellowed. But relax that too much and someone will be placing advertisements.

Comment

Originally posted by concerned dad View Post
        If you recognize and discuss the limits of the bracing studies, does that make you an anti-bracing activist? I hope not.

Now if you replace "anti-bracing" with "anti-alternative treatments" then I would say there does seem to be some activism here that could be mellowed. But relax that too much and someone will be placing advertisements.
        I would say the people labeled "anti-alternative treatments" are more accurately labeled, "pro-evidence" folks though "anti-woo-woo" is more euphonious.
        Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
        Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

Working...
        X