No announcement yet.

Kind of bummed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can guarantee that I'd get muscle spasms in THAT thing Ed!! YIKES!

Milwalkee Brace 1976 - 79
    Told by Dr. my curve would never progress

Surgery 10/15/08 in NYC by Dr. Michael Neuwirth
    Pre-Surgury Thorasic: 66 degrees
    Pre-Surgery Lumbar: 66 degrees

Post-Surgery Thorasic: 34 degrees
    Post-Surgery Lumbar: 22 degrees

Comment

I'm with you Chris! Just when I think I'm in the clear......BOOM muscle spasms hit me around my fusion. Does anyone know if there is anyway to strengthen these muscles surrounded by metal or do I really just need to take it easy the rest of my life???!!???
      Jenn
      37 y/o female
      60 degree lumbar
      45 degree thoracic
      1st time anterior/posterior surgery May 8th and 10th 2006
      T 5 to S 1
      NYC

Comment

I used to work in a building that housed a few hockey rinks, a gym and a restaraunt. (I worked in the restaraunt) Anyone in the buiding got discounts for anywhere else in the building, so I went across the hallway to the gym to see what I could do. The owner there started me off on a recumbent bike and some floor exercises, nothing more until I saw a doctor to let me know what to do. What my doctor said was low weight, higher reps. So thats what I did, and will do again once I work up to that.

The main thing is talk to your doctor before doing anything strenuous, you really do not want to wrench something that needs more work.
        Surgeries July 26th & August 3rd 1983 (12 years old)
        Still have 57 degree curve
        2 Harrington rods
        Luque method used
        Dr David Bradford
        Twin Cities Scoliosis Center
        Preop xray (with brace on)
        Postop xray

Comment

HI Chris,

I had to go and open my mouth last week on how good I was feeling. Since yesterday I've been having these stinking muscle spasms on my left side where I usually get them. It's been at least a month and a half since the last time. I think I know what did it too. Since insurance isn't paying for my PT and longer, bought one of those latex tube exercise bands and was doing one of the exercises I did in PT--rowing with the tube anchored in the door frame. I didn't THINK I overdid it either. BAM--a day later I'm taking my muscle relaxants and waking up drooling on my pillow. Those pills really turn me into a zombie. I know that I'll be much better in a few days but it really is no fun to have these setbacks when you *think* you're feeling so well.

Chris, I hope you are all over your episode from last week.

Milwalkee Brace 1976 - 79
          Told by Dr. my curve would never progress

Surgery 10/15/08 in NYC by Dr. Michael Neuwirth
          Pre-Surgury Thorasic: 66 degrees
          Pre-Surgery Lumbar: 66 degrees

Post-Surgery Thorasic: 34 degrees
          Post-Surgery Lumbar: 22 degrees

Comment

I know what you guys mean; It is so frustrating. I just spent the week end in severe pain, just becuase I pushed the limit way to far on Friday. My friend told me I need to call her or someone and tell them what I'm thinking about doing, then they will give me the okay or call my crazy! LOL.

It is amazing how bad something small can make you feel. But noe regrets, I just need to move forward slowly.
            ~Em

Diagnosed at 13, Milw brace-didn't wear it like I should have.
            pre-surg 78* Thoracic,
            post-surg 22* Thoracic.
            Fusion from T2 to L2 scheduled for April 15, 09 in Tulsa, OK

Comment

Poor Debbe! I hope you're feeling better soon. I am feeling much better ...thank you... and I have NOT put the offending sneakers back on, which is too bad since they were expensive...!
              Chris
              A/P fusion on June 19, 2007 at age 52; T10-L5
              Pre-op thoracolumbar curve: 70 degrees
              Post-op curve: 12 degrees
              Dr. Boachie-adjei, HSS, New York

Comment

Working...
              X