X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sleep patterns

leahdragonfly

I know you will all sleep well tonight!
    It's weird, you'd think that Scott's visit would have been the happiest moment of my life. But in fact I have been so nervous for so long that I felt like a match that was completely burned to a crisp. At first I felt nothing and then slowly over a few hours I started to feel good about it.

I don't know about anyone else on this board but I have a hard time looking at my son's back. Today at showertime it was a lot easier. I never let on about any of this. Scott doesn't even know that he has Scoliosis. He thinks the doctor examined his muscles to see how strong he is getting.

Scott is almost 6 and I don't know how much more mileage we are going to get out of that story.
    Last edited by Dingo; 05-20-2009, 12:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dingo View Post
      I don't know about anyone else on this board but I have a hard time looking at my son's back. Today at showertime it was a lot easier. I never let on about any of this.
      Hi Dingo,

I'm VERY happy to hear that Scott's curve is stable

I think we all sneak those looks are our children's backs while trying not to let them see so they won't worry or feel subconscious. I, for one, can tell you that I think I understand what you meant when you said that it was a little easier for you today - it's almost as if once we HEAR that everything is OK (and the curve is stable) we stop seeing progression that may not be there - I hope that makes sense.

Again, I'm very happy for you!
      mariaf305@yahoo.com
      Mom to David, age 17, braced June 2000 to March 2004
      Vertebral Body Stapling 3/10/04 for 40 degree curve (currently mid 20's)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ScoliosisTethering/

http://pediatricspinefoundation.org/

Comment

Thanks Maria

Thanks Maria, you are too kind.

I always check signatures to see how everyone's kids are doing. I'm glad that your son's VBS has been such a success. If my son's back starts to progress and we can't stop it that's what we plan to do. I still remember the first night that I came across your site. I watched the YouTube video and it was like a million pounds came off my shoulders. I had been so worried that if Scott's curve progressed we had no choice but fusion.

it's almost as if once we HEAR that everything is OK (and the curve is stable) we stop seeing progression that may not be there
        I agree. Until our appointment my son's curve looked like it was getting worse every week. A lot of that must have been me projecting my worries. I need a vacation.

Comment

Dingo,

My oldest is 21 - I'm afraid that when you are a parent, there is no "vacation" from worrying - LOL!

That said, you learn to take things like this one day at a time and try not to worry too much. And remember you are doing all you can, the rest is out of our hands.

And at least we all "get it" and understand what other parents are going through - because even good friends, if they haven't been through it, can't quite understand.
          Last edited by mariaf; 05-21-2009, 02:24 PM.
          mariaf305@yahoo.com
          Mom to David, age 17, braced June 2000 to March 2004
          Vertebral Body Stapling 3/10/04 for 40 degree curve (currently mid 20's)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ScoliosisTethering/

http://pediatricspinefoundation.org/

Comment

Dingo,

I am so happy for your son's good results. Hooray!

Comment

It depends on the type of brace. A Spinecor can be used on anybody, while a hard brace is only used on A. Kids that are still growing and B. Kids with curves at 40 degrees and above, and C. After spinal fusions.
              I just wanted to include that

Comment

Working...
              X