Pelvic /Hip Bone Hump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pelvic /Hip Bone Hump

This might be a dumb question. Alot of people here have talked about rib humps here. I do not have that but after my fusion I noticed a very significant hump on my left hip, rear pelvic bone. It is hard to describe. Almost like my pelvic bone is tilted to the rear. It is not attractive and affects my gait. Does anyone else have this? I am up late, and I need to go to sleep.................Kristy
    May 2008 Fusion T4 - S1, Pre-op Curves T45, L70 (age 48). Unsuccessful surgery.

March 18, 2010 (age 50). Revision with L3 Osteotomy, Replacement of hardware T11 - S1 , addition of bilateral pelvic fixation. Correction of sagittal imbalance and kyphosis.

January 24, 2012 (age 52) Revision to repair pseudoarthrosis and 2 broken rods at L3/L4.

Originally posted by naptown78 View Post
    This might be a dumb question. Alot of people here have talked about rib humps here. I do not have that but after my fusion I noticed a very significant hump on my left hip, rear pelvic bone. It is hard to describe. Almost like my pelvic bone is tilted to the rear. It is not attractive and affects my gait. Does anyone else have this? I am up late, and I need to go to sleep.................Kristy
    Kristy,

Sorry, I don't have any experience with that problem. What does your surgeon say about it? How long has it been since your fusion?

Milwalkee Brace 1976 - 79
    Told by Dr. my curve would never progress

Surgery 10/15/08 in NYC by Dr. Michael Neuwirth
    Pre-Surgury Thorasic: 66 degrees
    Pre-Surgery Lumbar: 66 degrees

Post-Surgery Thorasic: 34 degrees
    Post-Surgery Lumbar: 22 degrees

Comment

Hi Debbe
      It has been almost a yr since my fusion, May 29. Wow. The hump has been there from day 1. I have my one year check up in June and I have many questions for my doc. This is one of them. How are you doing? I love this forum, have gotten much info and support , first as a lurker and now as a real live poster!
      Kristy

March 18, 2010 (age 50). Revision with L3 Osteotomy, Replacement of hardware T11 - S1 , addition of bilateral pelvic fixation. Correction of sagittal imbalance and kyphosis.

January 24, 2012 (age 52) Revision to repair pseudoarthrosis and 2 broken rods at L3/L4.

Comment

I'm very curious about what the surgeon says. I can't remember ever hearing someone describe such an anatomy.

--Linda
        Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
        Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Originally posted by naptown78 View Post
          Hi Debbe
          It has been almost a yr since my fusion, May 29. Wow. The hump has been there from day 1. I have my one year check up in June and I have many questions for my doc. This is one of them. How are you doing? I love this forum, have gotten much info and support , first as a lurker and now as a real live poster!
          Kristy
          Kristy,

I'm glad you turned into a real-live poster, and yes this forum is great. I don't know what I would have done without them this past year Please let us know what the Dr. says.

Milwalkee Brace 1976 - 79
          Told by Dr. my curve would never progress

Surgery 10/15/08 in NYC by Dr. Michael Neuwirth
          Pre-Surgury Thorasic: 66 degrees
          Pre-Surgery Lumbar: 66 degrees

Post-Surgery Thorasic: 34 degrees
          Post-Surgery Lumbar: 22 degrees

Comment

My pelvic bone is tilted down and to the right. Both of my kids ended up c-sections because of the tilt. I have a lump from where they took the bone for my fusion. It has gone down over the years. My daughter with scoliosis has the right side of her pelvic bone higher.
            T12- L5 fusion 1975 - Rochester, NY
            2002 removal of bottom of rod and extra fusion
            3/1/11 C5-C6 disc replacement
            Daughter - T7 - L3 fusion 2004

Comment

my left leg

I have had this on my mind for awhile. After surgery, my left leg became much shorter than my right leg to the extent that when I stand straight on my right leg , my left barely touches the floor. That may be the cause of my left hip hump that I started this thread about. I really did get rid of my pre-op pain but got so many post-op disabilities instead.
              Thanks for your input everyone!!
              Kristy

Comment

Working...
              X