My clothes don't fit!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My clothes don't fit!

Hey everyone..hoping for an answer to this horrible issue.
    I'm at 5weeks post op and my jeans don't fit at all. I've actually lost 5 lbs so seems they should feel good. However, when I button them, I feel like every muscle in my back is being crushed together and I can barely breath. Is this normal? Am I still swollen? Or did somehow the dr change my hip shape and I will have to buy bigger pants to feel comfy? I'm in a bit of a panic mode
    Becky-29 New Market, TN
    Spinal Fusion 3/17/09
    T3 to L3-73 degree curve to a 20ish

I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength

I'm going to assume your hips got aligned more by your back being straightened.

At least that is how it appears with Carolyn. She had one hip higher than the other but now not so much from what I can tell. Although her jeans still seem to fit but they are low rise and I think they were a bit big to start with on her since she needed a belt fairly tight to start with & she hasn't complained about them being a problem or anything.

I know this wasn't very helpful just figured the hips might be what changed, so the fit of the jeans could have changed (it takes me forever to find a pair that feel comfortable, so I would imagine if my shape changed it would change the feel of them).
    Becky
    Mom to DD (15) with S 48*+ curve
    Had her surgery March 9, 2009

Comment

Hey Becky,
      I'd say you're also still swollen a bit. I'm 6 1/2 weeks post op and still 'quite' swollen, not effecting my clothes tho. However, the swelling could definitely be part of your situation. We stay a little swollen for a while after surgery so I hear!
      Age 25 at time of correction
      Sergery March 6th, 2009
      T4 to L4

Comment

Becky----I dont have a ton of time this morning....off to work BUT I have a whole post about this issue. It was horrifing to me as NONE of my pants fit. I had 2 issues..1) my waist was very limited due to my s curve & squished my waist down onto my hips and 2) I was bloated for quite some time. Issue #2 was the worst as I bought ALL of my jeans and pants as low rise as they fir perfectly about 1 inch from my belly button. After the surgery, my hips where they should have always been...and when I put on the low rise pants/jeans....well, they were certainly low rise! And common sense will tell you (if you're a woman) that your hips are generally wider than your waist. Soooo...needless to say I had some shopping to do. Once I did get rid of all of the bloating (about 4-5 weeks ago) they fit a little better, but Im too old (and just dont feel comfortable) for those low hip riding pants! You will be OK...it takes time..trust me...I FREAKED out. I cant find the post at this time, but if you search under my, you will find it!

Good Luck!!!

LYNN
        Lynn -30.... something
        DxD @ 8 yrs old: 10* curve-no brace-no nothin'!
        At age 26: Thorasic 48*/Lumbar 50*
        At age 34: Thorasic 58*/Lumbar 60*
        Posterior T5-L4 Fusion Jan 14th, 2009 w/Dr Tribus
        UW Madison, WI Hospital
        **AFTER: less than 10* Thorasic/15* Lumbar**

Comment

Might just be some swelling, or it could be because you are "straightened". I can't wear my jeans yet either, they fit, but they really bother my front and back incisions. :-( Still yoga pants for me.
          25 years old
          double 70+ degree curves before surgery
          Anterior on 11/11/08
          Posterior on 12/2/08 with titanium rods
          nearly perfect correction
          fused t-10 to pelvis
          with a hemi-vertebral osteotomy at L4

Broke right rod at L4-L5 on 06/26/09
          Broke left rod on 10/24/09
          Revision surgery on 11/5/09 with vitallium rods
          Broke both rods again

Had posterior than anterior revisions on 03/11 at the Twin Cities Spine Center
          Declared "FUSED" on 12/6/11

Comment

I couldn't stand jeans for about six months -- they were too confining. I still can't stand anything that comes all the way up to my waist (no Mom jeans for me...low risers only!!).
            Chris
            A/P fusion on June 19, 2007 at age 52; T10-L5
            Pre-op thoracolumbar curve: 70 degrees
            Post-op curve: 12 degrees
            Dr. Boachie-adjei, HSS, New York

Comment

Working...
            X