Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shriners

Hey are the shriners patients

Semb called Spokane and the other hospitals on the closure list — including Shreveport, La.; Erie, Pa.; Springfield, Mass.; and Greenville, S.C. Or they will close all 22 shriners hospitals and do we what that to happen
    Because i been give care there shine 1992.
    I look up to all the staff from all 22 shriners hospitals.
    Kara
    Brace 4-15-05-5-25-06
    Posterior Spinal Fusion 3-10-10
    T4-L2
    Before 50T
    After 20T

Wow I certainly hope they stay open.

After joining this forum, I would love to add Shriners as a charity of mine but the last call I got from them asked me to send money to send kids to a circus with animal acts.

I explained at length about how Shriners should not be sullying themselves with circuses with animal acts, espcially elephant acts. I said I would be a regular contributor if they severed all ties with circuses with animal acts.

A decision in the RB&B&B elephant cruelty case should be coming down any time now as far as I know. Maybe elephants will finally have some reprieve from their hellish existence in circuses.

Don't believe me... google the court case and check out the videos on youtube. They will turn your stomach.

We don't need to inculcate another generation into the abject cruelty and mindless idiocy that is animal acts in circuses.

People are idiots.
    Last edited by Pooka1; 04-15-2009, 05:45 PM.
    Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
    Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

Originally posted by kennedy View Post
      Hey are the shriners patients

Semb called Spokane and the other hospitals on the closure list — including Shreveport, La.; Erie, Pa.; Springfield, Mass.; and Greenville, S.C. Or they will close all 22 shriners hospitals and do we what that to happen
      Because i been give care there shine 1992.
      I look up to all the staff from all 22 shriners hospitals.
      Wow, Kara - if I read your signature correctly you are 17, so you have basically been receiving care at Shriners your whole life!

My experience has been at the hospital in Philly (since 2003, so my son is a "newbie" compared to you - LOL!) - and I agree with you completely that the staff is amazing, as is the care my son continues to receive.

It would be tragic for SO many kids if the hospitals were forced to close. From what I understand, closing 6 hospitals is the only way to save the system as a whole. It's very similar to what a lot of big corporations (including the one I work for) are doing - they have to trim and cut as much as possible - or go under.

I really hope we never have to live in a world without Shriners Hospitals!
      mariaf305@yahoo.com
      Mom to David, age 17, braced June 2000 to March 2004
      Vertebral Body Stapling 3/10/04 for 40 degree curve (currently mid 20's)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ScoliosisTethering/

http://pediatricspinefoundation.org/

Comment

Originally posted by Pooka1 View Post
        Wow I certainly hope they stay open.

After joining this forum, I would love to add Shriners as a charity of mine but the last call I got from them asked me to send money to send kids to a circus with animal acts.

I explained at length about how Shriners should not be sullying themselves with circuses with animal acts, espcially elephant acts. I said I would be a regular contributor if they severed all ties with circuses with animal acts.

A decision in the RB&B&B elephant cruelty case should be coming down any time now as far as I know. Maybe elephants will finally have some reprieve from their hellish existence in circuses.

Don't believe me... google the court case and check out the videos on youtube. They will turn your stomach.

We don't need to inculcate another generation into the abject cruelty and mindless idiocy that is animal acts in circuses.

People are idiots.

Sharon,

The only thing I knew about Shriner's for YEARS as a child myself was when my parents would bring our family to the Shriner's circus in Pittsburgh. I don't hear about it now hear in NJ, so maybe it's a regional fund raising thing.

Milwalkee Brace 1976 - 79
        Told by Dr. my curve would never progress

Surgery 10/15/08 in NYC by Dr. Michael Neuwirth
        Pre-Surgury Thorasic: 66 degrees
        Pre-Surgery Lumbar: 66 degrees

Post-Surgery Thorasic: 34 degrees
        Post-Surgery Lumbar: 22 degrees

Comment

Beating elephants bloody, chaining them for days

The present court case is not against the Shrine circus but against Ringling Brothers as far as I know.

But if the court rules against the circus, that hopefully will ramify to other circuses including the Shrine circus. Hopefully someone will sue the Shrine circus to give up their wild animal acts.

You don't have to be a PETA wingnut to be against elephant and other animal acts in circuses. You just have to be a normal human.

Circuses don't need animal acts when cruel treatment is a given in order to have them. Humanity evolves and hopefully gets better.
          Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
          Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

Working...
          X