Dr. Moramarco or Christine Sharkey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr. Moramarco or Christine Sharkey

Just curious - has anyone gone to Dr. Moramarco (in MA) for Schroth therapy? Or Christine Sharkey (also in MA)? If so, I'd love to hear from you! Thanks.

We have visited Dr. Moromarco for the past year. My daughter is 15, diagnosed at 12 with an upper right thoracic curve of 35deg. The exercises which she practices are very manageable and help not only with her lung capacity but also her aesthetic apperarance. We found Dr. Moromarco to be wonderful and the program something she can carry throughout the rest of her life. He is very caring and extremely knowledgeable. I would definitely recommend meeting him for a consultation to see if you feel this program is right for you.

Comment

thanks for replying! i just sent you a PM.

Comment

We're very happy with Dr. Moramarco

Don't know Christine Sharkey - she may be great too - but we're really happy with Dr. Moramarco. The way he teaches the Schroth method makes complete sense to my daughter because he's able to communicate the logic of it in a way that she really understands. That's so important because the exercises are really exact and specific to her curve and also require a lot of focus and stamina, so having a thorough understanding is very helpful in terms of her staying motivated and committed and doing them correctly.

Dr. Moramarco is a very warm guy - Emily always looks forward to our visits with him. Even though she knows what she's doing and doesn't have to go for periodic visits, we find that it's so helpful to check in with him periodically because he's so positive and infuses the process with such good energy that if she's gotten out the groove or is feeling unmotivated about doing them, she is always re-motivated after a visit. He's got that special healing touch, a sense of humor and he really cares. We're just so happy to have found him!

Comment

Originally posted by Ems-Mom View Post
          Don't know Christine Sharkey - she may be great too - but we're really happy with Dr. Moramarco. The way he teaches the Schroth method makes complete sense to my daughter because he's able to communicate the logic of it in a way that she really understands. That's so important because the exercises are really exact and specific to her curve and also require a lot of focus and stamina, so having a thorough understanding is very helpful in terms of her staying motivated and committed and doing them correctly.

Dr. Moramarco is a very warm guy - Emily always looks forward to our visits with him. Even though she knows what she's doing and doesn't have to go for periodic visits, we find that it's so helpful to check in with him periodically because he's so positive and infuses the process with such good energy that if she's gotten out the groove or is feeling unmotivated about doing them, she is always re-motivated after a visit. He's got that special healing touch, a sense of humor and he really cares. We're just so happy to have found him!

If you are talking about Christine Sharkey in Boston, I know her she is a physiotherapist and a Certified Schroth therapist, she is great

Comment

Originally posted by Andrea View Post
            If you are talking about Christine Sharkey in Boston, I know her she is a physiotherapist and a Certified Schroth therapist, she is great
            Yes, that is who I was referring to...have you gone to her for Schroth?

Comment

hi

Originally posted by MissEmmyF View Post
              Yes, that is who I was referring to...have you gone to her for Schroth?
              No we did the Schroth Certification together in Germany and she will come to Ottawa in the summer to help at the intensive course we will have here in July. If you or any one you know interested in learning the Schroth Method let me know and I can E-mail you more information. Any questions please e-mail me: Odpcphysio@sympatico.ca

Comment

oooh, ok, gotcha. i did get a PM from you actually about that. i would have possibly been interested (i did talk with christine sharkey on the phone and really was impressed with her), but i've decided to work with dr. moramarco (also in MA) to learn the schroth method. thanks for the info. though!

Comment

missEmmyF

Emmy:

I am new to this forum, but thought I should let you know about my scoliosis experience. I am a 58 year old woman who was diagnosed with scoliosis when I ws 12 years old. I never wore a brace and my doctors were confident that my curve would not get worse (in retrospect, I wonder how they knew that). In any case I was pain free and very athletic(serious ballet/tap and jazz dancer through my late 30s). In my early 40s, I was traveling alot for business, carrying heavy brief cases and suitcases on a weekly basis. At that point I started experiencing pretty serious back pain, but went to a chiropractor who was gentle and effective. Through her, I learned some exercises that helped and my pain was minimal.

In 2004, I started having some pretty serious pains in my left thigh that seemed to be nerve related. I was beside myself as the pain was often so bad that I couldn't walk for long without sitting down. Keep in mind that I am in really good shape, pilates, yoga, cardio, free weights on an almost daily basis and suddenly I couldn't walk. I did my due diligence and met with a very prominent Boston scoliosis surgeon, who told me I was a prime candidate for his "radical, but effective" surgery and that if I didn't proceed, I would be in a wheel chair within 10 years. Neither the surgery or the wheel chair seemed particularly appealing.

I then started my search for alternative therapy. I found the Clear Institute on the internet and thought it soundied promising (of course I was deperate at that time). I met with the practitioner from Hartford and soon thereafter began what ended up being an absolutely horrible experience. SOme of it can be attributed to the office space, the support team and the man performing the practice, but the end result was terrible. I would gladly discuss this in further detail in private discussion with anyone interested. I spent over $13K for the program, travel and overnight stays. I had no improvement whatsoever and in fact was injured during a session. I still had the leg pain.

Once this Clear situation became such a disaster, I somehow found Dr. Moramarco. I have been a patient of Marc's for over two years now and I am happy to report that I am pain free. I can walk for miles without any discomfort. Ithink the most important point is that Marc is a wonderful guy. He is kind, thoughtful and truly cares about each individual. I am so lucky I found him. I would highly recommend him to anyone and in fact have done so many times now. All my associates who have gone to Marc are absolutely thrilled with their results. Obviously I cannot say enought about Marc; he has changed my life in such a positive way. No cookie cutter approach as is the case with Clear. Each person is unique, treated respectfully with a very personal sincere approach to care.

For the record, my curve situation is significant. I would be happy to share the details in private conversation.

Let me know how you enjoy your session with Marc.

Comment

Wow! Thank you so much for sharing your feedback! I really appreciate it, and I'll definitely let you know how my therapy goes with him this weekend.

Comment

Working...
                    X