Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Autism researchers shifting away from genes - Scoliosis next?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It might be helpful if this site was adjusted to be only about surgery. Since those who are interested in other approaches are, indeed, bullied. Even if the bullying is well-intentioned (if that's not an oxymoron) because there is an effort to "out" inauthentic posters. Another sister site could address the other threads such as research, bracing, waiting and watching so interested parties could explore those w/o the vitriol.

Comment

• Originally posted by aterry View Post
      It might be helpful if this site was adjusted to be only about surgery. Since those who are interested in other approaches are, indeed, bullied. Even if the bullying is well-intentioned (if that's not an oxymoron) because there is an effort to "out" inauthentic posters. Another sister site could address the other threads such as research, bracing, waiting and watching so interested parties could explore those w/o the vitriol.
      You might like Fixscoliosis's site:

http://www.fixscoliosis.com/forum/index.php

It is almost non-stop blind leading the blind, though. But that's what some people want so they should have it. It's a shame because Fix was very good here at first. I thought he was an asset.

I wish we had an evidence-based chiropractor posting here. There would never be a peep out of any rational person is that case. I saw a review of some paper written by an evidence-based chiro and it was top shelf.

The perception of a "bullying" problem is really a problem with factual material. Young earth creationists and Holocaust deniers also complain about "bullying." Do you see a pattern? When you are pushing counterfactual or conjectural points, all you can do is play the hurt card because you don't have evidence or facts on your side.

The problem is not chiro or bracing or PT versus surgery. The problem is faith (in alternative treatments) versus evidence.
      Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
      Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

• You might try the Scoliosis Support site - http://www.scoliosis-support.org. Many of us go back and forth between the two. They have a different philosophy about moderation, because their focus is very much on support, and they tend to come down very hard on "non-supportive" posts.

Originally posted by aterry View Post
        It might be helpful if this site was adjusted to be only about surgery. Since those who are interested in other approaches are, indeed, bullied. Even if the bullying is well-intentioned (if that's not an oxymoron) because there is an effort to "out" inauthentic posters. Another sister site could address the other threads such as research, bracing, waiting and watching so interested parties could explore those w/o the vitriol.

Comment

• Originally posted by hdugger View Post
          You might try the Scoliosis Support site - http://www.scoliosis-support.org. Many of us go back and forth between the two. They have a different philosophy about moderation, because their focus is very much on support, and they tend to come down very hard on "non-supportive" posts.
          That's a very good suggestion. There are very knowledgeable folks there.
          Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
          Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

• Originally posted by Pooka1 View Post
            You might like Fixscoliosis's site:

http://www.fixscoliosis.com/forum/index.php

It is almost non-stop blind leading the blind, though. But that's what some people want so they should have it. It's a shame because Fix was very good here at first. I thought he was an asset.

I wish we had an evidence-based chiropractor posting here. There would never be a peep out of any rational person is that case. I saw a review of some paper written by an evidence-based chiro and it was top shelf.

The perception of a "bullying" problem is really a problem with factual material. Young earth creationists and Holocaust deniers also complain about "bullying." Do you see a pattern? When you are pushing counterfactual or conjectural points, all you can do is play the hurt card because you don't have evidence or facts on your side.

The problem is not chiro or bracing or PT versus surgery. The problem is faith (in alternative treatments) versus evidence.

Surely Linda,

If you are deleting all the other posts, this one can't possibly be considered a keeper....?????? There's a lot more bullying going on here other than "a problem with factual material"!

Comment

• Holocaust deniers

Holocaust deniers also complain about "bullying."
              Comparing members of this group to holocaust deniers is insulting and inflammatory.

LindaRacine, to be perfectly blunt you are the worst moderator of any online community I've ever been a member of. Every group has a Pooka1. It's your job to keep people with those types of personality issues under control, and you don't.

Comment

• Just for the record. . .

It was I that brought this to Linda's attention. Whine all you want about bullies and poor moderating, but I think Linda does a good job of NOT butting in at every difference of opinion and I like it.

Comment

• denier

PNUTTRO

The tone of your post clearly indicates that you are either a holocaust denier or a creationist. Disagree if you like but it would only show how unscientific your line of thinking has become.

just adding to the discussion...

Comment

• Originally posted by Dingo View Post

The tone of your post clearly indicates that you are either a holocaust denier or a creationist. Disagree if you like but it would only show how unscientific your line of thinking has become.

just adding to the discussion...
                    Yes, in Pooka's eyes, you're either a creationist, a holocaust denier or you agree with her. Period.

Comment

Working...
                    X