Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Results 121 to 129 of 129

Thread: Autism researchers shifting away from genes - Scoliosis next?

  1. #121
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    93
    It might be helpful if this site was adjusted to be only about surgery. Since those who are interested in other approaches are, indeed, bullied. Even if the bullying is well-intentioned (if that's not an oxymoron) because there is an effort to "out" inauthentic posters. Another sister site could address the other threads such as research, bracing, waiting and watching so interested parties could explore those w/o the vitriol.

  2. #122
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    8,903
    Quote Originally Posted by aterry View Post
    It might be helpful if this site was adjusted to be only about surgery. Since those who are interested in other approaches are, indeed, bullied. Even if the bullying is well-intentioned (if that's not an oxymoron) because there is an effort to "out" inauthentic posters. Another sister site could address the other threads such as research, bracing, waiting and watching so interested parties could explore those w/o the vitriol.
    You might like Fixscoliosis's site:

    http://www.fixscoliosis.com/forum/index.php

    It is almost non-stop blind leading the blind, though. But that's what some people want so they should have it. It's a shame because Fix was very good here at first. I thought he was an asset.

    I wish we had an evidence-based chiropractor posting here. There would never be a peep out of any rational person is that case. I saw a review of some paper written by an evidence-based chiro and it was top shelf.

    The perception of a "bullying" problem is really a problem with factual material. Young earth creationists and Holocaust deniers also complain about "bullying." Do you see a pattern? When you are pushing counterfactual or conjectural points, all you can do is play the hurt card because you don't have evidence or facts on your side.

    The problem is not chiro or bracing or PT versus surgery. The problem is faith (in alternative treatments) versus evidence.
    Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

    No island of sanity.

    Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
    Answer: Medicine


    "We are all African."

  3. #123
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,164
    You might try the Scoliosis Support site - http://www.scoliosis-support.org. Many of us go back and forth between the two. They have a different philosophy about moderation, because their focus is very much on support, and they tend to come down very hard on "non-supportive" posts.

    Quote Originally Posted by aterry View Post
    It might be helpful if this site was adjusted to be only about surgery. Since those who are interested in other approaches are, indeed, bullied. Even if the bullying is well-intentioned (if that's not an oxymoron) because there is an effort to "out" inauthentic posters. Another sister site could address the other threads such as research, bracing, waiting and watching so interested parties could explore those w/o the vitriol.

  4. #124
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    8,903
    Quote Originally Posted by hdugger View Post
    You might try the Scoliosis Support site - http://www.scoliosis-support.org. Many of us go back and forth between the two. They have a different philosophy about moderation, because their focus is very much on support, and they tend to come down very hard on "non-supportive" posts.
    That's a very good suggestion. There are very knowledgeable folks there.
    Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

    No island of sanity.

    Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
    Answer: Medicine


    "We are all African."

  5. #125
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,090
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooka1 View Post
    You might like Fixscoliosis's site:

    http://www.fixscoliosis.com/forum/index.php

    It is almost non-stop blind leading the blind, though. But that's what some people want so they should have it. It's a shame because Fix was very good here at first. I thought he was an asset.

    I wish we had an evidence-based chiropractor posting here. There would never be a peep out of any rational person is that case. I saw a review of some paper written by an evidence-based chiro and it was top shelf.

    The perception of a "bullying" problem is really a problem with factual material. Young earth creationists and Holocaust deniers also complain about "bullying." Do you see a pattern? When you are pushing counterfactual or conjectural points, all you can do is play the hurt card because you don't have evidence or facts on your side.

    The problem is not chiro or bracing or PT versus surgery. The problem is faith (in alternative treatments) versus evidence.

    Surely Linda,

    If you are deleting all the other posts, this one can't possibly be considered a keeper....?????? There's a lot more bullying going on here other than "a problem with factual material"!

  6. #126
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    948

    Holocaust deniers

    Holocaust deniers also complain about "bullying."
    Comparing members of this group to holocaust deniers is insulting and inflammatory.

    LindaRacine, to be perfectly blunt you are the worst moderator of any online community I've ever been a member of. Every group has a Pooka1. It's your job to keep people with those types of personality issues under control, and you don't.

  7. #127
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Houston TX
    Posts
    288

    Just for the record. . .

    It was I that brought this to Linda's attention. Whine all you want about bullies and poor moderating, but I think Linda does a good job of NOT butting in at every difference of opinion and I like it.

  8. #128
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    948

    denier

    PNUTTRO

    The tone of your post clearly indicates that you are either a holocaust denier or a creationist. Disagree if you like but it would only show how unscientific your line of thinking has become.

    just adding to the discussion...

  9. #129
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,090
    Quote Originally Posted by Dingo View Post

    The tone of your post clearly indicates that you are either a holocaust denier or a creationist. Disagree if you like but it would only show how unscientific your line of thinking has become.

    just adding to the discussion...
    Yes, in Pooka's eyes, you're either a creationist, a holocaust denier or you agree with her. Period.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •