Scoliosis Sucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scoliosis Sucks

okay everyone by now all fo you on here know that SCOLIOSIS SUCKS! I hate everything about it: wearing the brace makes me feel like i am different then everyone else. My parents are always on my back about wearing it. {and when i used back i didnt notice what i was doing there, but lol to that} it drives my life and i cant do things while i am wearing it that i was able to do before. everyone say it with me now SCOLIOSIS SUCKS!!! if you want share your stories with it and what you hate about it here!!!
    Katelyn Caralle
    14 9th grade
    Curve out of brace:decreased to 15
    Curve in brace: 0
    Boston Brace

YES SCOLIOSIS SUCKS!!!! I hate it too!! But, I realize that there isn't anything that will make it go away...that stinks! lol When I was in the brace it took a while before I could do pretty much everything I did before. I wore it for 18 months almost 2 years...so I got pretty good at doing things. I tried riding horses in it...lets just say it hurt and cut off the circulation to my legs! lol I could go over 5 foot walls with it...Yeah even the guy that made the brace couldn't believe that! lol But I have one thing too say to everyone in a brace right now...Don't give up, keep wearing it even when life seems too hard, you will look back on this in 10,15,20,40 years and be sooooo happy that you wore it. Just imagine what your back could be like if you don't wear it and what may happen if you don't wear it. If anyone would like to PM me questions or concerns with a body brace you are more than welcome.. If you would like some pics just let me know.
    Diagnosed in '06'
    Wore TLSO brace for 18 mo.
    Upper curve 40 degrees; lower 35 degrees
    Surgery in March '08' (T6 - T11)
    Rods for 7 vertabraes; 3 fused
    Still have lumbar curve (T12 - L4) of now, 33 degrees
    I have osteoarthritis, 3 bulging discs, stenosis, fast progressing lordosis, vertebrea twisting (vertebreas almost on side) all in lumbar spine. Will most likely have another surgery to extend rods and fusion. :'(

Comment

I agree with you all and one day you will just accept it and don't mind it much. Don't just think all the negatives also think the positives. I always try to think the postives and I kinda accepted my brace already.
      SmileyGirl8
      T30
      Got my brace on March 21,2009
      Age 12
      <3

Comment

Originally posted by Cat Eyes View Post
        okay everyone by now all fo you on here know that SCOLIOSIS SUCKS! I hate everything about it: wearing the brace makes me feel like i am different then everyone else. My parents are always on my back about wearing it. {and when i used back i didnt notice what i was doing there, but lol to that} it drives my life and i cant do things while i am wearing it that i was able to do before. everyone say it with me now SCOLIOSIS SUCKS!!! if you want share your stories with it and what you hate about it here!!!
        Hi You have excellent correction in brace please wear it until you fully grown. Every day will get a little easier. Don't give up.

Comment

Working...
        X