Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 75

Thread: SPINECOR BRACE - 59 yr old

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,258
    MariaF ~ there could be many other extenuating circumstances surrounding this situation. Have you considered picking up the phone and calling Joe - the contact information is easily available on the NSF home page.

    Admittedly, i have a great deal of respect for this man which leads me to believe there may be much more to this story than appears on the surface. He will be reviewing this thread - but a phone call may prove a good chance to speak to him personally about your VBS concern.

    Worth a phone call - just a suggestion

    As for the other comments about the credibility of the President and CEO of the National Scoliosis Foundation - this may not be the place to air unproven concerns about that. Perhaps that topic belongs in a thread started by yourself, if it belongs in any thread at all .. just my two cents
    Last edited by mamamax; 04-18-2009 at 06:08 PM.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    ny
    Posts
    1,809
    If there were some "extenuating" circumstances, could Joe not have called me to explain what they were?

    He chose instead to e-mail me, each time NOT mentioning any extenuating circumstances in his e-mail, but rather asking me each time for something "conditional" to his adding the link. Each time I complied with his request. Still no link. I've live almost 50 years and raised three kids - I think I know when somebody is giving me the runaround

    It is clear to me, and to many other folks, that if Joe wanted to add the link here to the VBS site he would have - it's not complicated - we added the link to the NSF forum on our (VBS) site in a matter of days - and we are 3 working moms with 3 kids each, but yet we found the time. It's very, very easy.

    I can't imagine any extenuating circumstances that would prevent him from adding a link like he has to Spinekids and other sites. In fact, the folks at Spinekids were very happy to add a link to the VBS site when we asked them to - and we added a link to Spinekids on our site - it's really not complicated at all. Those who run websites do it all the time - every day in fact.

    Joe does not seem to want to endorse or promote VBS himself in any way, or to add the link to the VBS site here on NSF (as is his perogative), perhaps because he sees VBS as "competition" for Spinecor, I don't know, but having received no explanation from him for his resistance, I can think of no other reason. Many times, parents - who don't wish to opt for traditional bracing - have a decision that comes down to Spinecor or VBS. Happens all the time. It would make perfect sense to me, IF Joe has a vested financial interest in Spinecor, not to want to add a link to the VBS site here on NSF. Who knows, maybe it violates some contract he may have with Spinecor regarding not disseminating information on his site about alternative treatment methods?

    I think that is a much more logical explanation than some mysterious "extenuating" circumstance that he, for some reason, chose not to disclose in his e-mails to me on the subject.
    Last edited by mariaf; 04-18-2009 at 06:10 PM.
    mariaf305@yahoo.com
    Mom to David, age 17, braced June 2000 to March 2004
    Vertebral Body Stapling 3/10/04 for 40 degree curve (currently mid 20's)

    https://www.facebook.com/groups/ScoliosisTethering/

    http://pediatricspinefoundation.org/

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,258
    This is a little off topic for this thread so, i'm not going to comment further on it, unless the spirit moves me of course

    Did you give him your telephone number and ask him to call? Did you call and leave a message asking him to return your call? I know - too many questions.

    I understand you are passionate about this - so direct telephone contact may be best - anyway, rather way off topic for this thread. You should call
    Last edited by mamamax; 04-18-2009 at 06:33 PM.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    1,757
    Quote Originally Posted by mamamax View Post
    This is a little off topic for this thread so, i'm not going to comment further on it, unless the spirit moves me of course

    Did you give him your telephone number and ask him to call? Did you call and leave a message asking him to return your call? I know - too many questions.

    I understand you are passionate about this - so direct telephone contact may be best - anyway, rather way off topic for this thread. You should call
    Actually it is not off topic. If you hadn't kept throwing his name around in conjunction with the brace itself (and how he recommended it), the fact he was employed by Spine Corporation wouldn't have come up at all. I'd venture to guess no one here (except maybe Linda) knew that, and I find it odd you immediately screamed something like "he is not!" when Linda wrote it. You deleted all your posts and I'm not inclined to dig through the .pdf files I created to quote you verbatim. The gist is accurate.

    How you would come by that information anyway? It hasn't been publicized.

    And your threats to tattle on me (for disagreeing wih you) are very tiresome. Do what you need to, and quit threatening me.
    Fusion is NOT the end of the world.
    AIDS Walk Houston 2008 5K @ 33 days post op!


    41, dx'd JIS & Boston braced @ 10
    Pre-op 53, Post-op < 20
    Fused 2/5/08, T4-L1 ... Darrell S. Hanson, Houston


    VIEW MY X-RAYS
    EMAIL ME

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    8,903
    Quote Originally Posted by mamamax View Post
    This is a little off topic for this thread so, i'm not going to comment further on it, unless the spirit moves me of course

    Did you give him your telephone number and ask him to call? Did you call and leave a message asking him to return your call? I know - too many questions.

    I understand you are passionate about this - so direct telephone contact may be best - anyway, rather way off topic for this thread. You should call
    I'm nominating this for most obtuse post of the month.

    Did you read/understand At ALL what MariaF wrote?
    Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

    No island of sanity.

    Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
    Answer: Medicine


    "We are all African."

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,258
    You are not welcome here Pam. This is just another abusive and continuing harassing message from you and has been reported as such.

    You have lied to this forum about me and made numerous false accusations.

    You have also engaged in some questionable activity that may not be exactly legal. I refer to your retrieving information (my information) which was deleted from this forum and reposting it. Though as i have said, that did make it me easy to pass on to Joe O'Brien, President and CEO of the National Scoliosis Foundation which provides this forum.

    Your lie about me (and your continuing false accusations) - discredits forever, anything and everything you will ever have to say in my book - to tell such a lie about another person - should be a big red flag to anyone dealing with you. And i refuse to answer any of your questions or accusations in the future. The one you make now - that information is available on the Internet for those who have good research skills.

    This message will be posted repetitively anytime you message me in any of the threads i have started - so that others will know you for what you are. If you would lie about me - you would lie about anyone, including Joseph O'Brien.

    I think you did not read or comprehend posting #29


    Paragraph #2 edited to delete the reference to spam - i stand corrected, must have been emotional about all the name calling and false accusations - sorry .. falsehoods remain however about me, via the said name calling and false accusations.
    Last edited by mamamax; 04-19-2009 at 10:56 PM. Reason: Edited for typo & content

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    ny
    Posts
    1,809
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooka1 View Post
    I'm nominating this for most obtuse post of the month.

    Did you read/understand At ALL what MariaF wrote?
    Thank you, Sharon. I was starting to think I was speaking a foreign language
    mariaf305@yahoo.com
    Mom to David, age 17, braced June 2000 to March 2004
    Vertebral Body Stapling 3/10/04 for 40 degree curve (currently mid 20's)

    https://www.facebook.com/groups/ScoliosisTethering/

    http://pediatricspinefoundation.org/

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    ny
    Posts
    1,809
    Quote Originally Posted by mamamax View Post
    You are not welcome here Pam. This is just another abusive and continuing harassing message from you and has been reported as such.
    I honestly don't see what was harassing or abusive in Pam's post. Yes, this has become a lively topic but I don't see her tone being any harsher than that of others on this thread, including you and I. I may not always agree with her, but she's entitled to her opinion, no?

    Contrary to what you say about Pam "lying", I think quite the opposite is true. She - like many of us - just seems to want to get to the bottom of all this business about where's Joe's personal interests lie vis-a-vis Spinecor. He obviously has strong ties to Spinecor and, as someone who has worked at a law firm for 25 years, the term "conflict of interest" immediately comes to my mind.

    If there was nothing to hide - and nothing inappropriate going on - why all the uproar when people simply ask questions like whether or not the President of NSF and moderator of this forum is employed by Spinecor?
    mariaf305@yahoo.com
    Mom to David, age 17, braced June 2000 to March 2004
    Vertebral Body Stapling 3/10/04 for 40 degree curve (currently mid 20's)

    https://www.facebook.com/groups/ScoliosisTethering/

    http://pediatricspinefoundation.org/

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,258
    Yes MariaF - but .. she has not lied about YOU to an entire forum by making false accusations. Can you honestly say that such a lie would sit well with you?

    I have no problems with people who are respectful, polite, and honest - Pam does not fit into that category in my threads.

    There is a way to communicate with others that will open doors to information, etc - it involves friendly, respectful, honest, and polite exchange of information - the opposite: combative, accusatory etc ... closes those same doors. If some folks have not received the desired responses from others in their communications - maybe there is something wrong with the way in which they are communicating. Certainly publicaly lying about another person would close many doors. Or so says the muse this night.


    Last edited by mamamax; 04-19-2009 at 11:09 PM. Reason: Edited to add information/content

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    1,757
    Quote Originally Posted by mamamax View Post
    Yes MariaF - but .. she has not lied about YOU to an entire forum (i.e. stating to all that you spamed her private email in box to the point that it was locked - I only ever PM'ed Pam once, a very nice note early on - never did what she told the whole forum). Can you honestly say that such a lie would sit well with you?

    I have no problems with people who are respectful, polite, and honest - Pam does not fit into that category in my threads.

    There is a way to communicate with others that will open doors to information, etc - it involves friendly, respectful, honest, and polite exchange of information - the opposite: combative, accusatory etc ... closes those same doors. If some folks have not received the desired responses from others in their communications - maybe there is something wrong with the way in which they are communicating. Certainly publicaly lying about another person would close many doors. Or so says the muse this night.


    I find it very ironic you seem to find me the eiptome of evil when you're the one who keeps threatening me, making personal digs and odd analogies (I'm still puzzled by the hospital bed), and calling me names.

    I did nothing to you except state my evidence-based opinion that adult bracing doesn't work. I don't know why you are stuck on I said you spammed me. There were 2 PM's from you - and after the first (and your public post to me), I deleted the 2nd without reading. My mailbox filled up, and I got a notice you were *trying* to PM me. Although keeping people from posting in your threads is not a "feature" here, that notification IS.

    You yourself wrote in on of your threads you tried to PM me and my mailbox was full. We've both agreed there was one PM from you that got through to me. So which is it? Did you PM me once, twice, thrice? By your own words, it was at least twice. Again, I never said you spammed me, only that you wrote/tried to write after I asked you not to. Please ... for your emotional well being, get past it.

    Has it not occurred to you if you'd quit ranting about me like a lunatic this might drop? If you tell me one more time I am not welcome in YOUR thread, I'm never leaving. And that's a fact.
    Fusion is NOT the end of the world.
    AIDS Walk Houston 2008 5K @ 33 days post op!


    41, dx'd JIS & Boston braced @ 10
    Pre-op 53, Post-op < 20
    Fused 2/5/08, T4-L1 ... Darrell S. Hanson, Houston


    VIEW MY X-RAYS
    EMAIL ME

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,258
    You are not welcome here Pam. This is just another abusive and continuing harassing message from you and has been reported as such.

    You have lied to this forum about me and made numerous false accusations.

    You have also engaged in some questionable activity that may not be exactly legal. I refer to your retrieving information (my information) which was deleted from this forum and reposting it. Though as i have said, that did make it me easy to pass on to Joe O'Brien, President and CEO of the National Scoliosis Foundation which provides this forum.

    Your lie about me (and your continuing false accusations) - discredits forever, anything and everything you will ever have to say in my book - to tell such a lie about another person - should be a big red flag to anyone dealing with you. And i refuse to answer any of your questions or accusations now or in the future.

    This message will be posted repetitively anytime you message me in any of the threads i have started - so that others will know you for what you are. If you would lie about me - you would lie about anyone, including Joseph O'Brien.

    I think you did not read or comprehend posting #29

    If you have something to discuss with me - message me privately - i will not speak to you in this forum


    Paragraph #2 edited to delete the reference to spam - i stand corrected, must have been emotional about all the name calling and false accusations - sorry .. falsehoods remain however about me, via the said name calling and false accusations.
    Last edited by mamamax; 04-19-2009 at 10:57 PM. Reason: edited for content

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    1,757
    Utterly ~amazing~. You apparently didn't read a single word I wrote. Do you have it so deeply ingrained in your head I said you spammed me that you can't let it go when faced with the truth? I only repeated what YOU said, so take a deep breath before you go off and call me a liar again.

    And do you really think I'm frightened by your threats and insinuations of illegal activities? Do you realize how ridiculous that sounds?

    Jesus, woman. Get ahold of yourself. Please.
    Fusion is NOT the end of the world.
    AIDS Walk Houston 2008 5K @ 33 days post op!


    41, dx'd JIS & Boston braced @ 10
    Pre-op 53, Post-op < 20
    Fused 2/5/08, T4-L1 ... Darrell S. Hanson, Houston


    VIEW MY X-RAYS
    EMAIL ME

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,258
    txmarinemom - If you have something to discuss with me - message me privately - i will not speak to you in this forum
    Last edited by mamamax; 04-18-2009 at 11:13 PM.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    6,798
    This discussion has sunk further and further away from point. It seems to me that everyone's points on the topic have been recorded, so if no one has a good reason to keep it open, I'm going to close it.

    --Linda

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,258
    Yes - Please - close it, and thank you
    Last edited by mamamax; 04-18-2009 at 11:45 PM.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •