Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mamamax "Yes - one's best source regarding insurance information is with one's own provider .. that is a fact "

I am starting to wonder very seriously whether you are just trying to get your number of posts increased. That answer that you wrote above was entirely unnecessary or were you just trying to be clever?

macky
    Last edited by macky; 04-21-2009, 02:51 AM. Reason: none
    Operation 1966, Fused from T4 to L3, had Harrington rods inserted. Originally had an 85 degree Thoracic curve with lumbar scoliosis as well but had a good correction.
    Perfectly normal life till 1997 but now in a lot of pain daily. Consider myself very fortunate though.

Comment

Hi Macky - nothing to be confused about ... just participating in conversation and making sure a very important point is noted

to wit:

one's best source regarding insurance information is found with one's own insurance provider .. that is a fact

To carry the thought a bit further ... beyond that - there is in every state a Commission which oversees insurance practices - they being the contact when there are insurance disputes. And of course, each state has an Attorney that can if necessary investigate disputes with the Commission (Checks and Balances).

so much for insurance, which becomes involved in any health care treatment. No, am not trying to intentionally inflate the thread - Yes, am trying to make sure good information is available for those who need/want it. And no, i'm not trying to be clever. Best -

Last edited by mamamax; 04-21-2009, 05:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by macky View Post
        mamamax "Yes - one's best source regarding insurance information is with one's own provider .. that is a fact "

I am starting to wonder very seriously whether you are just trying to get your number of posts increased. That answer that you wrote above was entirely unnecessary or were you just trying to be clever?

macky
        Yeah... it was a weird response considering the reson I wrote the post that made her reply in the first place is due to the post she made below. I mean, that's a blanket statement on coverage no one should be making about any treatment, given the wide varibility of plans, even under the same major parent company.

Originally posted by mamamax View Post

And for the record - Spinecor is not snake oil, is used by the President of NSF for his children - has had enormous success in adults .. which is why (most better) insurance companies cover it both in and out of network - because it works and is far less costly over a lifetime than surgery.
        30 something y.o.

2003 - T45, L???
        2005 - T50, L31
        bunch of measurements between...

2011 - T60, L32
        2013 - T68, L?

Posterior Fusion Sept 2014 -- T3 - L3
        Post - op curve ~35

Comment

(Reference Post #59/60/61/62/63)

For those who seem overly interested in a comment i have made in this thread (which i started), or for those like me – who are wondering why there should be any continuing discussion at all regarding the fact that i would make a comment in a thread, started by me, which i have responsibility for, to wit: one’s best source concerning insurance questions, regarding any treatment, may be found with one’s own insurance representative …

Some introductory thoughts to share: When one creates a thing, they should assume responsibility for it (if they are responsible). An artist once said that, and i find it to be true – i.e., our children (for those who have them).

This thread has been created with the purpose of: sharing information with others concerning the Spinecor Adult experience – which is a very exciting thing going on world-wide today for many scoliosis patients. Very early on, a genuinely interested in this thread party (if one is truly following this thread in context,) – posted to me an insurance question (regarding my experience). A second question (specific to Spinecor) has also been brought up and answered in more detail (reference post #55, this thread). The topic of recent post has to do with insurance companies in general, reference post #59,et al (that may belong in another thread created by someone other than myself). And i have commented on it – briefly, yet quite thoroughly (reference post #60), in the interest of thread maintenance/responsibility to the original purpose of said thread.

As this thread was created by me – and i have responsibility for it – i will be monitoring it and posting comment where i deem appropriate, even if i need to repeat myself in doing so to fulfill my responsibilities, for the sake of those having true interest in the Spinecor adult experience. i owe no other explanation than that, i think.

Not here to engage in raging debate or defend my purpose and position repetitively in a combative atmosphere (though i do appreciate and even enjoy polite non-combative questions/challenges towards thinking outside the box which fosters a healthy learning environment .. as the majority of folks in this forum both know and demonstrate in their communication style). Should someone not wish to see my comments – which will be here, made as the spirit moves me in open discussion, as long as the thread is open (which i did request closure of – as there is another thread more active that i would like to focus on) …. Then i would suggest (to those unduly focused on the subject afore mentioned) - changing the channel, or moving to a thread of greater interest in your research, or sharing experience regarding scoliosis and its treatment (the purpose of the NSF forum).

As for the concluding referenced quote in your post #63 (which is from my post #19) greenm&m, which is taken way out of thread context bty … what is your point – the statement is true (and i have expanded upon it both here and in the more active thread Spinecor Adult Users) and requires no in-depth debate … You can test that yourself if you will take the time to research rather than debate (with combative attitude). Research/seek and yea shall find. Not a bad motto/bumper sticker actually.

So please – the insurance questions regarding my experience with the spinecor brace have been answered fully to the best of my knowledge and personal experience. Maybe a few with other interests regarding insurance –should start another thread? i propose it would be the most popular on record across all categories – and i may even engage in conversation there myself – should time permit (as i have said twice now, i believe).

Hope this helps – if anyone has further questions regarding my comment: one’s best source concerning insurance questions, regarding any treatment, may be found with one’s own insurance representative … and you cannot find the answer reading the entire thread in context – or in the more active thread, or through some other means - please feel free to message me privately and i’ll be glad to explain further

Lets get back to what we came here for - to share information about scoliosis, specifically adult use of the Spinecor brace - and share our individual experiences ... per NSF forum design.

Tip of the Day: What is and what is not non-combative communication technique – Google it, will be helpful to many.

Last edited by mamamax; 04-21-2009, 06:18 PM. Reason: edited to correct typo

Comment

mamamax,

i wasn't responding to you and i don't see how my post is combative. *sigh*

As for my reason for referencing your post #19, you never clearly specified wether it was your own insurance or many insurance companies that'd cover spinecor. That's confusing. For anyone skimming through, they might not realize you meant your own policy.

Had you said 'yes, check with your insurers' first before saying most insurance companies should cover spinecor both in/out of network, i'd not have made the post you assume to be combative.

Sorry you somehow feel my posts are combative toward you, it can be hard to tell online. It can be hard to distinguish posts geared toward the benefit of the general group vs. posts to you and you only.

It took me a couple of years of participating in number of online patient support groups to polish that skill... 2, 3 years? I can't remember for sure...it's been over 10 since i joined my first patient support group online(not scoli)
            30 something y.o.

2003 - T45, L???
            2005 - T50, L31
            bunch of measurements between...

2011 - T60, L32
            2013 - T68, L?

Posterior Fusion Sept 2014 -- T3 - L3
            Post - op curve ~35

Comment

If anyone posts quoted material that i have posted (and negatively comments upon it) ... i will - respond, if the spirit so moves me
              Last edited by mamamax; 04-21-2009, 07:48 PM.

Comment

Amazing Brace - Week Two

Taking stock of treatment so far (day 14), some thoughts that first come to mind, are the comments from others. Upon first seeing me in brace, my sister - with big blue eyes amazed .. said: "you look so relaxed, your neck was always so tense - like you were struggling to maintain your posture" (sisters notice these things). I too noticed right away an immediate release of neck tension in brace and the change in physical apearance as a result. Co-workers tell me i stand straighter, some have noticed i'm a little taller (that's a whole strange thing, bouncing all over the place like Alice in Wonderland as far as height, daily). Interesting, the things others notice, confirming my own observations. One woman at work has said the treatment is changing my attitude. Well, i suppose if one experiences less pain than normal - one may certainly seem happier.

Truth is - it's not so much how we look in life as it is how we feel. In-brace, i feel ... relieved. Wearing schedule today, is up to 7 1/2 hours. I must take it off at work - which i don't like to do, because my body reverts to its old ways (but it does take a few minutes longer each day for it to do so, i observe). I look forward to when i will be able to wear it all day - for it makes the day much better.

This brace is designed to retrain atrophied muscles that cannot hold the spine erect - so there is no need to worry about muscle atrophy as with other braces i've heard about. I believe it's true (as my provider tells me and manufacturer web site supports), as i can feel it in-brace .. and have witnessed progressive strengthening out of brace albeit quite slow at this stage and certainly not long lasting (baby steps). I'm free to exercise if i want to - outside of some right lateral breathing exercises (designed to increase chest expansion on the locked up left rib side .. that is working too) - but i don't (though i probably should). Later, when i'm wearing full time.

Surgery not being an option for me - i continue to be pleased with this choice. I wish it had been available as an adolescent - and marvel at the stories in the adolescent forum. Reducing pain meds - not needing them as much. Filled with gratitude that cannot be denied. And yes, i know that makes it seem like i drank the mind altering Kool-aid .. but, week two, in final analysis - it is what it is

Disclaimer: This is only one Adult Spinecor experience - not all experiences are the same among patients, many however .. report similar experience.
                Last edited by mamamax; 04-21-2009, 07:55 PM.

Comment

Linda, please, please close this thread. Mamamax stop repeating yourself all the time you are literally driving me crazy, everywhere I go there you are, I have been a member of this forum for 3 years and you are honestly driving me away.
                  I did read, or am I going completely crazy, that you wanted to wear this brace for the fact that you are in pain, then in another post by you, you said "but what do I know about pain" I can hear in your posts the sarcasm believe me and all the other drivvel. I cannot believe we are around the same age.
                  You are a christian ,arent you, what about love thy neighbour, and give this whole forum a rest for crying out LOUD.
                  Dear Linda, who is one of the nicest people I have had the pleasure of corresponding with actually closed the other thread and there you are wanting to actually open it again, for all your ramblings.

Macky:
                  Last edited by macky; 04-22-2009, 02:25 AM.
                  Operation 1966, Fused from T4 to L3, had Harrington rods inserted. Originally had an 85 degree Thoracic curve with lumbar scoliosis as well but had a good correction.
                  Perfectly normal life till 1997 but now in a lot of pain daily. Consider myself very fortunate though.

Comment

Why has this thread been reopened after being closed?
                    Fusion is NOT the end of the world.
                    AIDS Walk Houston 2008 5K @ 33 days post op!

41, dx'd JIS & Boston braced @ 10
                    Pre-op ±53°, Post-op < 20°
                    Fused 2/5/08, T4-L1 ... Darrell S. Hanson, Houston

VIEW MY X-RAYS
                    EMAIL ME

Comment

txmarine mum.

Hi there, Linda closed the "Spinecor adult users" thread, not this one. I was just hoping, she would shut this one down as well for the reasons outlined in my other post. By the way I do enjoy your posts as well, so please don't think that I was in anyway referring to you.

Macky xx
                      Last edited by macky; 04-22-2009, 02:37 AM.

Comment

Macky - you are not the only one confused, have to say at this point, i am too.

Please let me know what post you are referring to in the quoted statement - it is out of context and i'm not sure how to respond.

Linda i'm sure is quite nice, when she wants to be.

I'm not EVERYWHERE, really - primarily, just in my own thread - though i did read one post very recently that Sharon Pooka1 asked me (or maybe all of us) to read .. after commenting on that - the sister thread was closed.

Certainly some misunderstanding going on here. We all deserve to be here .. including me.

Comment

Originally posted by macky View Post
                          linda, please, please close this thread. Mamamax stop repeating yourself all the time
                          amen to both of macky's requests!!!!!!
                          mariaf305@yahoo.com
                          Mom to David, age 17, braced June 2000 to March 2004
                          Vertebral Body Stapling 3/10/04 for 40 degree curve (currently mid 20's)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ScoliosisTethering/

http://pediatricspinefoundation.org/

Comment

My bad ... I thought this thread was also shut down. It contains almost the same content, and like Macky, I got the impression all posts on the topic would be closed.

Originally posted by LindaRacine;
                            This discussion has sunk further and further away from point. It seems to me that everyone's points on the topic have been recorded, so if no one has a good reason to keep it open, I'm going to close it.
                            I don't believe anyone had objections other than Sharon's astute observation about removing facts when a non-factual agenda could be at play.

Is this thread any more valuable than the one that was deleted? I'd have to say "no".

It's one thing for a person to say they want to document their own experience with Spinecor for pain management of a curved, skeletally mature spine. To claim there's evidence it can alter a curve is irresponsible and misleading to others:

Originally posted by mamamax;
                            actually, as people who research this know - the brace has been used for five years with remarkable success both for pain and correction of curvature, out of brace ... .
                            That's been my issue with BOTH threads from the beginning, and all the hostility stems from my assertion (one shared by the brace manufacturer ... and backed up by real evidence) that Spinecor (or any brace) CANNOT correct a mature curve.

Now, to address a few things written in a recent post ...

Macky - you are not the only one confused, have to say at this point, i am too.

I'm not EVERYWHERE, really - primarily, just in my own thread - though i did read one post very recently that Sharon Pooka1 asked me (or maybe all of us) to read .. after commenting on that - the sister thread was closed.
                            Perhaps the confusion comes from what you call "sister threads", especially when you were making identical posts to each. What exactly IS a "sister thread" anyway, and what purpose does it serve? The only occasions I've seen the tactic used here, it was employed by shills. If there's a legitimate reason for starting the same thread in multiple places, and making verbatim posts to each, I'd love to hear it.

Certainly some misunderstanding going on here. We all deserve to be here .. including me.
                            An interesting about face in light of your previous statements:

• You are invited out of this forum (the subject line of your empty post, #13)

• You are not welcome here Pam.
                            Fusion is NOT the end of the world.
                            AIDS Walk Houston 2008 5K @ 33 days post op!

41, dx'd JIS & Boston braced @ 10
                            Pre-op ±53°, Post-op < 20°
                            Fused 2/5/08, T4-L1 ... Darrell S. Hanson, Houston

VIEW MY X-RAYS
                            EMAIL ME

Comment

We can't assume everyone is interested in the facts.

Rather we *KNOW* that is not the case for some.
                              Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
                              Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

call me a prophet because I was the first to say

CD, the prophet said> Are they telling you that after 2 years you may end up with an (out of brace) permanent change? If so, <snip> I see this as being a serious point of <cough> "discussion")
                                I, for one, see great value in an adult Spinecor thread.
                                I am also pleased to see mamamax add the disclaimer to her update post.

Disclaimer: This is only one Adult Spinecor experience - not all experiences are the same among patients, many however .. report similar experience.
                                Sounds fair enough.
                                Maybe Linda can start a thread for people interested in the adult spinecor. The first post could lay out what we currently know and what we dont know about the topic, sort of a global disclaimer. (I have to say I think the not likely but good luck tactic would be better than no way no how, but whatever).
                                Folks are interested in it. People should have a place to share their experiences and ask questions. Maybe having one thread (like the Spinecor bracing thread) would be a decent compromise.
                                Just an idea, not perfect, but a start perhaps.

Comment

Working...
                                X