Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken Rods?

Hi Everyone,

I 've been having back pain for 2 months now and i get to see my surgeon in two weeks. I keep thinking i have a broken a rod or something

Just wondering how do you find out if you have a broken rod? Would you be able to see through a routine Full Length Spine Xray??

Thanks

Lee

Hi Lee...

Yes, it's almost always obvious by looking at a good x-ray.

For example:
    http://boneandspine.com/wp-content/u...ur-225x300.jpg

Good luck.

Regards,
    Linda
    Last edited by LindaRacine; 04-09-2009, 11:09 PM.
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Well i had xrays taken the other day and by looking at them i don't see any changes or anything unusual...

I just don't know what it could be then???

Thanks Linda

Comment

Well i had xrays taken the other day and by looking at them i don't see any changes or anything unusual...

I just don't know what it could be then???

Thanks Linda

Comment

Well, that's confusing. Can we assume that you had x-rays taken before seeing your surgeon? Otherwise, your story makes no sense.

There are a LOT of things that can back pain besides broken rods. Hopefully your surgeon will be able to diagnose the problem.

Regards,
          Linda
          Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
          Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

As my first post said i had xrays done the other day.... but won't be seeing my surgeon until 2 weeks. I was saying that i (myself) can see that there doesn't look like anything unusual.

Comment

Working...
            X