confused

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• confused

In 98 I had the fusion surgery, rods and all, for a 60 degree curve. It was reduced to 15 degrees. Well, it appears that my spine is curving again, it is up to 25 degrees. To make my situation just a little more complicated, I am expecting my first child in december. My husband and I are very worried about potential complications, due to my uneven ribcage, unaligned hips, etc. I have asked both my ortho and ob, and the most I get is, "we'll see". Very frustrating. Does anyone know where i can get info about pregnancy with scoliosis? Its not like I have much choice but to wait it out, but I would like for just a little bit of light to be shone on my mind. Right now, we're running blind....

Marilyn...

Pregnancy is a fairly regular topic on this forum. If you do a search on the word, I'm sure you'll find quite a bit. Also, here's a link for the National Scoliosis Foundation's "Medical Update" on the subject:

http://www.scoliosis.org/resources/m...dpregnancy.php

Regards,
    Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

thanks!! the article made me feel better!!! I appreciate it!

Comment

Working...
      X