Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hours wearing boston brace were reduced- will my spine get worse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hours wearing boston brace were reduced- will my spine get worse?

My scoliosis was caught extremely early (I was in 2nd grade,) and it was very mild and was monitored regularly. Finally, the summer before 6th grade I got a boston brace. I wore this brace for 22 hours a day and it actually did improve my curvature aswell. About 3 weeks ago I was told by my doctor that I was done growing and could wear it only to bed. I'm in 8th grade, so It's been almost 3 years. I'm very excited, but I'm now becoming worried that my scoliosis will get worse and I'll need surgery. I know that I got the brace off because I was finished growing and my doctor was very careful to make sure I WAS actually done growing before he told me I could reduce the hours to only at night. Despite this though, I'm worried and wondering if it's common that scoliosis can get worse after you get your back brace off and are done growing.
    My name is Katie and I love to Dance especially Ballet. I am 14 years old and after 3 years of the Boston brace, I'm officially brace-free! Great holiday present if I do say so myself
Working...
X