Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Packing for Amarillo

Hello Everyone,

I am getting my last minute chores done around my house today and packing to fly to Amarillo tomorrow. My surgery is Monday, April 6th. The butterflies that have been in my stomach are starting to fly...I'll post after I get back and can sit long enough to type.

TerryB

Good luck to you , Terry. Keep your focus on the 'other side' of recovery. You'll get there! ((hugs)) JoAnn

Comment

Good Luck Terry! You'll be through it before you know it.
      sharon
      2 60* curves, DDD, left trunk shift, some rotation, rib and lumbar humps, annular tear at L5-S1
      surgery 5/08 planning fusion T3 or T4 to sacrum with iliac fixation
      Dr. Anderson at Rothman Institute
      5/16/08 ALIF L1-L5
      5/23/08 fused T2-sacrum w/fixation and I'm all Titanium
      6/4/08 open all back up to clean out for Staph infection
      (left open with just clear dressing)
      6/6/08 recleaned and closed
      3/30/2012 revision planned, broken rod and removal of iliac bolts

Comment

Good Luck Terry hope all goes well for you (hug)
        Claire

Comment

All the very best Terry. JoAnne's right, focus on the "other side" and you'll be there before you know it. Thinking of you on the 6th!
          Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
          Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
          T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
          Osteotomies and Laminectomies
          Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

Thinking of you

I keep thinking everyday about you as your date approaches. A year from now hopefully everything will be a blur.
            Speedy recovery,
            Alvera

Comment

All is well

Hello everyone!

Thank you for your well wishes. The surgery went well. I only spent a total of 8 days in the hospital counting ICU, regular floor, and rehab. I was already in good physical shape before hand, so it made the hard part a little easier.

I have not felt this well since before my first back surgery. I am thankful, and I will never take it for granted.

Terry B

Comment

Congratulations

So glad to hear your report. Called Mrs. Unruh a couple of times to see how you were doing....I was just amazed how you proceeded through the ordeal. Certainly is an encouragement to me. I remember how I prepared myself for the first surgery. I was raised, 'preventive medicine'. Everything done nutritionally, supplements, juicing and etc. I did take the HRT route for 12 yrs during menopause. Which I totally regret...now surviving double mastectomy....Although MD Anderson tried to convince me that the HRT probably kept it in check ???
                Yet I fear revision surgery..My age ?, my cancer ? and recovery ? I am rapidly playing out by leaning forward. Dr. LaGrone feels like my total body health is fair.
                How old do you think he is? I feel like I'm running out of time. Cause I know he doesn't prefer old bones to work with and certainly do not want him to retire.
                Glad your back home....Alvera

Comment

Congratulations on your good results! I know what you mean about not taking anything for granted. I TRY but don't always succeed.

Good luck with you continued recovery.

Milwalkee Brace 1976 - 79
                  Told by Dr. my curve would never progress

Surgery 10/15/08 in NYC by Dr. Michael Neuwirth
                  Pre-Surgury Thorasic: 66 degrees
                  Pre-Surgery Lumbar: 66 degrees

Post-Surgery Thorasic: 34 degrees
                  Post-Surgery Lumbar: 22 degrees

Comment

Working...
                  X