Clear Institute vs. Schroth Method

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mamamax View Post
    Linda - i have never used the word permanent. For i know nothing is - not for surgery, and not for any alternative/traditional treatment.
    Well, then, why would you talk about reduction at all? If you put the word "temporary" in front of reduction whenever you post, I personally would not have a problem with your posts.
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Originally posted by LindaRacine View Post
      Well, then, why would you talk about reduction at all? If you put the word "temporary" in front of reduction whenever you post, I personally would not have a problem with your posts.
      I suggest no rational person would have a problem with her posts if she clearly identifies any reduction as "temporary" or "in brace."
      Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
      Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

Originally posted by Pooka1 View Post
        I object to letting Pam leave.

I agree also. Pam has a wealth of knowledge and a very big heart.

Sally
        Diagnosed with severe lumbar scoliosis at age 65.
        Posterior Fusion L2-S1 on 12/4/2007. age 67
        Anterior Fusion L3-L4,L4-L5,L5-S1 on 12/19/2007
        Additional bone removed to decompress right side of L3-L4 & L4-L5 on 4/19/2010
        New England Baptist Hospital, Boston, MA
        Dr. Frank F. Rands735.photobucket.com/albums/ww360/butterflyfive/

"In God We Trust" Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

Comment

Well i would talk about reduction because - it can keep me out of surgery.

Comment

Well i would talk about reduction because - it can keep me out of surgery.
            Temporary reduction is not going to keep anyone from having surgery. Pain reduction may, indeed, allow someone to avoid surgery.
            Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

After her last response, I don't have the heart to challenge mamamax any further.

I wish her all the luck in the world. Truly.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

Sorry - replied to the wrong quote (still trying to figure my way around here).

I would talk about reduction because - it can keep me out of surgery. Three to be exact (two for certain, one more most likely). So learning about that is important to me (maybe some others).

Even our best surgical techniques are so often not permanent but i believe that when we speak of surgical, the term used is correction. And when the alternative therapies that sometimes lessen the degree of curvature .. that the term applied to that is, reduction.

Neither being in the strictest sense of the word - permanent. Maybe some cases are - but i don't personally know of any studies that support that.

Comment

Sorry - replied to the wrong quote (still trying to figure my way around here).

I would talk about reduction because - it can keep me out of surgery. Three to be exact (two for certain, one more most likely). So learning about that is important to me (maybe some others).

Even our best surgical techniques are so often not permanent but i believe that when we speak of surgical, the term used is correction. And when the alternative therapies that sometimes lessen the degree of curvature .. that the term applied to that is, reduction.

Neither being in the strictest sense of the word - permanent. Maybe some cases are - but i don't personally know of any studies that support that.
                  If you feel the need to talk about reduction, please use it with the word temporary, or the post will be removed.

Comment

Originally posted by Qikdraw View Post
                    I could write a study that says eating peanut butter will help straighten a spine, but until proper studies are published and the process accepted by the majority of scoliosis doctors, its questionable at best.

It has not escaped my notice that now you and Writer are calling for people who disagree with you to be dealt with. That instead of providing proof to back up your claims, instead you are asking people be repremanded for questioning you.
                    Well said!!!!!!!
                    mariaf305@yahoo.com
                    Mom to David, age 17, braced June 2000 to March 2004
                    Vertebral Body Stapling 3/10/04 for 40 degree curve (currently mid 20's)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ScoliosisTethering/

http://pediatricspinefoundation.org/

Comment

Wow! The excitement continues...............

Confucius say,

Those who run off and tattle to teacher, make lots of friend.

Those who point finger, need plenty attention.

Those exited about brace, scared of surgery

He who use spinecore 2 weeks, all wrapped up (that's a joke)

He who has sharp tongue cut own throat

Intelligent poster from Texas, hard to find

These came from published studies at the Mei Hang Chinese restaurant tonight in the form of fat free fortune cookies.
                      Ed
                      49 yr old male, now 63, the new 64...
                      Pre surgery curves T70,L70
                      ALIF/PSA T2-Pelvis 01/29/08, 01/31/08 7" pelvic anchors BMP
                      Dr Brett Menmuir St Marys Hospital Reno,Nevada

Bending and twisting pics after full fusion
                      http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showt...on.&highlight=

My x-rays
                      http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...2&d=1228779214

http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...3&d=1228779258

Comment

Ohhh! Quotes! Can I play?

Believe nothing just because a so-called wise person said it. Believe nothing just because a belief is generally held. Believe nothing just because it is said in ancient books. Believe nothing just because it is said to be of divine...
                        Buddha

Better than a thousand hollow words, is one word that brings peace.
                        Buddha

In the sky, there is no distinction of east and west; people create distinctions out of their own minds and then beleive them to be true.
                        Buddha

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
                        Albert Einstein

The last one is my favourite.
                        Surgeries July 26th & August 3rd 1983 (12 years old)
                        Still have 57 degree curve
                        2 Harrington rods
                        Luque method used
                        Dr David Bradford
                        Twin Cities Scoliosis Center
                        Preop xray (with brace on)
                        Postop xray

Comment

Linda, I wholeheartedly agree. I NEVER had an issue with Spinecor for pain management: I had a HUGE issue with the claims it could alter a mature curve.

Maxene, you did blaze in here claiming Spinecor was capable of altering a skeletally mature spine. Just because you blanked out all your posts doesn't mean you can deny it. I actually quoted what you said in one of the locked threads because I was so disturbed by the inaccuracy.

The words you wrote - and my disagreement - is exactly where all the recent insanity began. My first post to you was supportive of your attempt at controlling pain with Spinecor, and no one can claim otherwise.

When I pointed out it would NOT correct your curve, I was suddenly a horrible, lying bully ... and all the OTHER villagers who've historically made false claims (and even those who simply choose to remain gullible) came scurrying out into the fray bearing torches.

I'm sorry the facts don't support permanent curve correction via Schroth, Clear or adult bracing with Spinecor ... and regardless of what some here believe, I DO wish things were that simple.
                          Fusion is NOT the end of the world.
                          AIDS Walk Houston 2008 5K @ 33 days post op!

41, dx'd JIS & Boston braced @ 10
                          Pre-op ±53°, Post-op < 20°
                          Fused 2/5/08, T4-L1 ... Darrell S. Hanson, Houston

VIEW MY X-RAYS
                          EMAIL ME

Comment

Sharon, Pam, Brad, Linda, Mariaf, titaniumed all of you, thank you for your posts. Pam please dont leave I love your writing and thoughts. Loved all the quotes, Einstein, hey, well nothing needs to be said, that quote goes up in my hallway.

I understand where you are all coming from and how frustrating it is, I agree with you all a thousand fold. Medical comments made on these forums that are not backed up with FACTS are misleading to the young on here ,in the adolescent forum, that is what really worries me and I know that a lot of you out there feel the same way. That is what these wonderful caring people are trying to stop.

Concerned dad it is so good to see you here trying so hard to make the right decision for your daughter, my heart really does go out to you as I can hear your love and concern for her and I can identify with that, more than you could believe.

QUOTE:
                            "I'm sorry the facts don't support permanent curve correction via Schroth, Clear or adult bracing with Spinecor ... and regardless of what some here believe, I DO wish things were that simple. "

and that I think Pam just about says it all.

Macky xx
                            Operation 1966, Fused from T4 to L3, had Harrington rods inserted. Originally had an 85 degree Thoracic curve with lumbar scoliosis as well but had a good correction.
                            Perfectly normal life till 1997 but now in a lot of pain daily. Consider myself very fortunate though.

Comment

The insanity began (txmarinemom), when you very early on - called me a shill (definition, fraud/liar), i am neither fraud or liar. I came in here happy - that was my mistake, which i take full responsibility for.
                              Last edited by mamamax; 04-29-2009, 05:52 AM.

Comment

My Rocks!

Great quotes, Brad and Ti Ed.

And I will always think of the people on this forum as the villagers after Pam's post. Very cool!

Love,
                                a villager

"Some 46 percent of Americans take a literalist view of creation [...].
                                This means that 120 million of us place the big bang 2,500 years AFTER the
                                Babylonians and Sumerians learned to brew beer." -- Sam Harris, "The End of
                                Faith", 2004.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

Working...
                                X