How are people coping 2 yrs on???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How are people coping 2 yrs on???

Hi Everyone,I'm nearly 2 ys post op and im fused from T3 - L3 for the past 2 months i've been getting tingling pains in my thoracic area also sounds like popping and grinding noises near the top half of my spine. Does anyone know what this could be? I'm worried i could have a broken rod or something?I got a massage the other day and when she went over my top part of my back i could hear all the cracking noises over my muscles and spine..Where are people at 2 yrs on?? i just thought being this far post op everything should be fine!!! Also the parts on my upper back which are numb are now like i burning pain when i scratch in them areas!!!!

Hope this makes sense just a little worried!!!

thanks guys...

3yrs post op

I am a little further along than you, but i still have those noises. They are gross and uncofmortable during massages, but probably necessary to work out. I have worked in the spinal medical field (though i'm not a Dr.) for the last 7 years and it always been explained to me a grissel-ly scar tissue from all the torn muscles. Now those muscles have tried to heal them selves and become hard and lumpy.
    I was also told that after sx most of the pain/issues should be taken care, but still have problems. I still have local numbness on certain areas on my back and i still have probelms breathing sometimes. I wonder too if something isn't right, but after reading some of the posts, i quess i realize it's more common than the Docs made it seem when they did the surgery.
    Anyway, good luck and i hope you feel better!
    ~ Monica B
    Thorasic 45* / Lumbar 49*
    Post OP Thorasic 15*/ Lumbar 15*
    Surgery by the most amazing Ortho in Tampa, FL, Dr. Castellvi, MD

Comment

I'm almost 2 weeks post op and notice problems breathing as well. Has anyone else experienced this?

Also, how long did it take for you to "see" the difference with the look of your back? In other words, I have a thorasic hump (rt side) and noticed it's still there. Will this continue to improve - it's not as noticeable as it used to be, but it's still rather obvious.

Thanks!

Comment

I'm 3 years post op & am also wondering how people are doing. Just recently within the past 4 months I've been getting major muscle spasms from my lower back up the left side of my spine. I was told by a few different doctors that it's all in the muscle. But, the pain is ridiculous. I'm trying acupuncture and just had trigger point injections into the muscle which helped out a lot. Anyone else experiencing muscle spasms surrounding the hardware??
        thanks,
        Jenn
        37 y/o female
        60 degree lumbar
        45 degree thoracic
        1st time anterior/posterior surgery May 8th and 10th 2006
        T 5 to S 1
        NYC

Comment

Working...
        X