Thread: Disability

Disability

Does anyone know if your job refuses to pay you short term disability, are you able to apply for it from the state until you return back to work?
    Leanna
    32 yrs. old
    surgery scheduled for 06/18/10
    90* pre-op
    23* post-op

as far as i know, disability is actually from the feds.... takes 6 months to kick in...in other words, you have to be out for that long, then it is retroactive, but you get nothing for those months til they are past...
    that is all i know...not aware of state stuff...

jess

Wink

Why would your job refuse to pay STD if you have been paying into your policy? You certainly qualify for payout with this surgery. Have you filed a claim?
    May 2008 Fusion T4 - S1, Pre-op Curves T45, L70 (age 48). Unsuccessful surgery.

March 18, 2010 (age 50). Revision with L3 Osteotomy, Replacement of hardware T11 - S1 , addition of bilateral pelvic fixation. Correction of sagittal imbalance and kyphosis.

January 24, 2012 (age 52) Revision to repair pseudoarthrosis and 2 broken rods at L3/L4.

Hi Leanna, The state of West Virginia shuts you down the minute you say temporary. I don't know about Ohio. I had to fight for mine. Since I didn't know how to work the system. I eventually had to get a lawyer. Whether you have worked your entire life and paid into it, they have a hard time giving it back to you!!!

I sent you a PM.
    Shari

Quote Originally Posted by naptown78 View Post
    Why would your job refuse to pay STD if you have been paying into your policy? You certainly qualify for payout with this surgery. Have you filed a claim?
    I have filed a claim, but they seemed to be a little shadey on the issue. Stating that they have a pre-existing condition clause and something to do with how many months ago that I went to the doctor. Kind of a gray area there. It was a little confusing to me so Im waiting on a reply from the company. It has my stomach twisted.
    Leanna
    32 yrs. old
    surgery scheduled for 06/18/10
    90* pre-op
    23* post-op

Wink Std

Your company should be able to provide you a copy of the policy you have been paying in to so you can read up on it. My policy was available to me as long as I had not used it up within the previous 12 months. Nothing to do with pre existing conditions.
    May 2008 Fusion T4 - S1, Pre-op Curves T45, L70 (age 48). Unsuccessful surgery.

March 18, 2010 (age 50). Revision with L3 Osteotomy, Replacement of hardware T11 - S1 , addition of bilateral pelvic fixation. Correction of sagittal imbalance and kyphosis.

January 24, 2012 (age 52) Revision to repair pseudoarthrosis and 2 broken rods at L3/L4.