Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need help

hi there, im new here.

I am a college freshmen with 50-55 degree curve scoliosis and my back have been killing me sitting in classroom seats. I don't have insurance anymore since my dad have been laid-off and I need to get my back treated. I'm asking anyone here if you can direct me to some health insurance especially for college students. Much help would me appreciated.

Oh yeah I tried UHCSR but my university is not covered.

This may sound silly, but try sitting on a pillow, or a soft seated chair. Sorry I can't help you with the insurance part.
    ddr
    dd
    57 yr. old female
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    No Surgery, No Way, Not Ever, but I reserve the right to change my mind
    2003: rotatory component centered at L1 convexed to the left with a measurement of 68 degrees. Gentle compensatory thoracic curve and a more acute compensatory curve in the lumbar spine at L4-5 Superimposed fairly extensive degenerative change seen in the lumbar spine.

Comment

How old are you?

If you are still 18 - Contact Shriners Hospital - IMMEDIATLY - they treat up to age 18
      Children up to age 18 with orthopaedic conditions, burns, spinal cord injuries, and cleft lip and palate are eligible for care and receive all services in a family-centered environment at no charge—regardless of financial need.
      Haley's Mom
      Diagnosed June 2007, Age 11 - NO BASELINE (TOLD TO WAIT)
      Jan 2008 Age 12 - T24 (TOLD TO WAIT UGHH!)
      Apr 2008 Age 12.5 - T30 Riser 4
      Apr 2008 SpineCor in brace T19
      May 2008 in brace T24
      Oct 2008 Age 13 - T23! Still Riser 4
      Jan 2009 T23.

Comment

thank you for the reply.

I been diagnosed with scoliosis since I was 16. Ever since then my parents have always blame on my "laziness" for getting scoliosis. I now know that my scoliosis is genetics because my grandpa (94) have scoliosis (same exact as me but his is even worse). The thing about it is that my parents is still protesting surgery and they dismiss the fact I am in pain! So to sum it all up, no one in my family believe that I am in real pain. They back their evidence on the fact that my grandpa never complains about his scoliosis.

Now even against the wishes of my parents, I'm still going to get the surgery and I'm going to pay for it myself. I join this website mainly for the support that I never received from my family.

Comment

I am not sure about your specific school, but most colleges have a health insurance program specifically for their students. They may have one other than UHCSR. Regardless, you should check with your student health center. They should be able to tell you if the school offers any insurance programs and if not, they may be able to direct you to another option. I'm sure you aren't the only student who has had this concern.
          Sarah
          22 year old grad student
          Boston brace from 12-14
          surgery on June 1, 2009 T3 to L2
          Yale New Haven Hospital Dr. Grauer
          Thoracic curve 47*
          Thoracolumbar curve 54*

Surgery Photos
          http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...8&l=a2a5799140

Comment

Working...
          X