Hi Y'all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Y'all

Wow! i was a member back in the 80's, in fact Linda your name sounds familiar. i lived in the bay area in the early 80's.
    ok. so now i'm living in tucson az. i'm looking at having the "revision surgery".
    (taking out the old rod in my upper curve-putting in a new in the lower down to my sacrum because L5 is totally degenerated-flatback-1st surgery done in good ole 76). also i have the dang leg pain. i found a good surgeon in phx (dr. Crandall).
    naturally i'm scared. i know it will be a loss to loose mobility in my hips.
    the big unkown is will it help my back pain?
    akkk-anyhow i just wanted to say hello-you all sound very brave. and if anyone has had the new rod extending to the sacrum-i'd love to hear about your experience.
    donna

Hi~~

I am very sorry you have to look at going thru this again. I am fused to the sacrum. Any questions you have, I will try to answer. I have figured out there is a lot of difference with this compared to higher fusions. I did not think I bent at the waist much but I was very wrong. To pick anything up, I have to bend at the knees like is proper and I hope my knees hold up!!!! Ha! It does give you beautiful posture- that is 1 plus! Ask away~~~
    Nancy Joy

Surgery- Posterior- Oct. 8th, 2008
    Anterior- Nov. 10th, 2008
    Age 54
    T10 to Sacrum
    Curve 65 degrees
    Very straight now!!!

Comment

Hi Donna...

Welcome back.

If you're interested in a second opinion, one of Dr. Bradford's previous fellows practices in Phoenix:

William R. Stevens, MD
      The Center For Spinal Disorders
      1331 North 7th Street, Suite 140
      Phoenix, AZ 85006
      Phone: (602) 253-7000
      Web site: www.csd.md

He's not exactly Mr. Personality, but he's got a good rep, and excellent training.

Whether or not you get the second opinion, best of luck with your surgery.

Regards,
      Linda
      Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
      Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Originally posted by donna09 View Post
        if anyone has had the new rod extending to the sacrum-i'd love to hear about your experience.
        Donna.

I had a successful revision in July 2008. I had an extension of my fusion from L3-S1. My old fusion was ~T4-L3. I had had terrible pain for years prior to surgery. Now I have virtually no back pain. My leg pain is mostly gone--only acts up occasionally. I had tried many different treatments before surgery and nothing helped.

I am sooooooooo glad I got it done. The only drawback is that I still have trouble reaching my feet. I can do it, but its a stretch.

Hope all goes well for you.

p

Comment

Working...
        X