sleeping in a hospital bed post op

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Lynn

Just wanted to say I don't think you are doing quite well - I think you are doing AMAZING - driving and ferrying kids around it some mean feat! and some retail therapy too - doesn't that always feel good - go girl!

Great news too about getting back in your own bed (I have a sprung mattress with built in memory foam bit at the top which is only about a year old which incidentally did smell rather odd when first opened) which has been really comfy ever since I came out of hospital (although I did consider getting a hospital bed before my op but decided to wait and see).

Good luck for going back to work too - I am only just returning at the beginning of April - on a reduced timetable - for a few hours a day which will still give me time to rest and take things easy during the day (which I still find I have to lie down for a bit to get through the day).

I hope the rest of your recovery continues smoothly - you have been a very interesting poster - which I am sure gives so much help to people reading this site - I'm just a little guilty of not posting as much of my experiences as maybe I should.
    All the best for a great weekend
    Louisse
    Ps I'm off to a friends 40th party tonight - might even have a dance!!
    Diagnosed aged 17 thoracic curve of 40°/48? given brace worn for short time but was then told that I had stopped growing and it wasn’t likely to get worse. Follow ups ‘got lost in the system’ and I chose to ignore until age approx 33, after two children. Now nearly 42yrs curve was progressing (last xrays 67 degrees) and increasing 'backache' so surgery (posterior T3 - L1) went ahead beginning of September 2008 in UK - thoracic curve now approx 20° and I look a lot straighter!

Comment

Working...
    X