New here and have a question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New here and have a question?

Hi! I am new here to the site and have a question. Has anyone that has had surgery in the thoracic area for kyphoscoliosis had any problems of the kyphosis continuing to progress? I had surgery a year ago and my back between the shoulder blades seems to indent in further than it did post surgery. I have been having problems with muscle spasms from my lumbar area to my neck, giving me headaches, pain in one ear (how weird). I have intermittant shooting pains and prickly pins. Is this just muscle development causing this? I have had a bone scan and blood work done without any explanation of my pain. Dctor has no answers for us with the pain. I am to see my surgeon in April for a routine checkup. We are considering getting another opinion. Any help you could offer would be appreciated Thanks!!!
    Diagnosed in '06'
    Wore TLSO brace for 18 mo.
    Upper curve 40 degrees; lower 35 degrees
    Surgery in March '08' (T6 - T11)
    Rods for 7 vertabraes; 3 fused
    Still have lumbar curve (T12 - L4) of now, 33 degrees
    I have osteoarthritis, 3 bulging discs, stenosis, fast progressing lordosis, vertebrea twisting (vertebreas almost on side) all in lumbar spine. Will most likely have another surgery to extend rods and fusion. :'(

Great name selection! LOL Welcome to the forum.

Generally the shooting pains are nerve related and might take a little more time. As far as progression is concerned, the only way to tell is with an x-ray. Another opinion wouldn't hurt. How old are you? Age has a lot to do with things.

Ed
    49 yr old male, now 63, the new 64...
    Pre surgery curves T70,L70
    ALIF/PSA T2-Pelvis 01/29/08, 01/31/08 7" pelvic anchors BMP
    Dr Brett Menmuir St Marys Hospital Reno,Nevada

Bending and twisting pics after full fusion
    http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showt...on.&highlight=

My x-rays
    http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...2&d=1228779214

http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...3&d=1228779258

Comment

Thanks (on the username)! lol
      I am 15. I had a short period of time post surgery with no pain. Approx 3-4 weeks post surgery. I had a deep suture pop during PT which has caused some pain. Then I had a kid pick me up and swing me around during drama. Only did muscle damage, nothing showed on a bone scan. Doctors said he doesn't know why so much pain. See ya in 4 months, maybe will be better.
      Diagnosed in '06'
      Wore TLSO brace for 18 mo.
      Upper curve 40 degrees; lower 35 degrees
      Surgery in March '08' (T6 - T11)
      Rods for 7 vertabraes; 3 fused
      Still have lumbar curve (T12 - L4) of now, 33 degrees
      I have osteoarthritis, 3 bulging discs, stenosis, fast progressing lordosis, vertebrea twisting (vertebreas almost on side) all in lumbar spine. Will most likely have another surgery to extend rods and fusion. :'(

Comment

Working...
      X