S3 Brace???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S3 Brace???

Has anyone heard of and furthermore used the S3 brace? I got it for my shoulder problems but the lady that came by stated she had some scoli patients that used it as well and I was wondering if anyone out there has one... I can feel it helping my shoulders but as far as my scoli it seems worse after I take the brace off- I explained it to my PT and he explained that all day my muscles are working to support my back and with the brace they don't have to work so when I take it off my back muscles are completely relaxed and therefore my scoli isn't worse just looks more prominent or something.

Anyways just wondering if anyone has heard about this for scoli use.

The website is:

http://www.alignmed.com/testimonials.php

Thanks!

Originally posted by trcylynn View Post
    ... I can feel it helping my shoulders but as far as my scoli it seems worse after I take the brace off- I explained it to my PT and he explained that all day my muscles are working to support my back and with the brace they don't have to work so when I take it off my back muscles are completely relaxed and therefore my scoli isn't worse just looks more prominent or something.
    Trcylynn,

I'd be very careful that the brace isn't causing your back muscles to atrophy. Your PT describes them as "completely relaxed", but if they aren't having to work at all, they will rapidly lose strength.

Pam
    Fusion is NOT the end of the world.
    AIDS Walk Houston 2008 5K @ 33 days post op!

41, dx'd JIS & Boston braced @ 10
    Pre-op ±53°, Post-op < 20°
    Fused 2/5/08, T4-L1 ... Darrell S. Hanson, Houston

VIEW MY X-RAYS
    EMAIL ME

Comment

That makes sense- luckily with this brace its a gradual/non-permanent thing... 1st week 1 hr 2nd week 2hrs 3rd week 3hrs 4th week 4 hours wear it 4 hours for a couple weeks then stop once you notice a change and your posture feels better then wear it every now and then for a couple hours.

Comment

Working...
      X