Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pain

hi everyone

im 14, i had 2 stage correction in june 08. ever since comming out of hospital i have been alot of pain. i have been doing alot of things to try and help the pain but nothing seems to help . i have been told i could have arthritis, im am wating 4 more tests.
    i was wondering if anyone knows of ways to help the pain, and if any one has been through the same sought of pain.

xxx

I'm supporting you!

I haven't been through surgery actually I'm just getting a brace. I just thought you could use some support.

Comment

thx xxxx
      hope all goes well with ur brace, i use to wear a brace.
      xxx

Comment

From what I remember from my recovery (I'm just shy of 9 years post-op), you shouldn't be too concerned about having some pain as its been less than a year still. I was in PT for a while, and it helped me alot with pain management, specifically muscle spasms.

Maybe you could post something more detailed? When does it hurt most? walking, sitting, standing, lying down? Where? Is it a sharp shooting pain, tingly feeling, or more of a dull ache? With out knowing more about what your problems are, its hard to make any suggestions.

I would say you should try to stretch gently daily (dont over do it though, stop if it hurts or makes anything feel worse), stop doing any activities or go easier on anything you think may be aggrivating your back, and talk to your doctor if anything gets significantly worse.

hang in there and stay strong. you WILL get through this. Feel free to PM me if you wan with any other questions. ::Hugs::
        Fused T2-L3 in March, 2000
        Hardware removed April 2003
        Living a full, active life almost 9 years later.
        Decided against thoracoplasty and revision to correct crankshafting and cervical kyphosis because right now a few more curves don't bother me enough to warrant more surgery.

Comment

Working...
        X