Contemplating "hybrid" surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contemplating "hybrid" surgery

I am almost 60 years old. I was not diagnosed until age 15, and had stopped growing so no surgery was recommened. My curve is now about 75% lumbar ,but I compensate well for my curve. I have been evaluated my Dr. Rand, at the N.E. Baptist Hospital in Boston. He has proposed the relatively new "hybrid" surgery, when they fuse the bottom vertebrae which tends to straighten the rest of the spine. This option was presented partially because of my age. I would like to talk to someone who has had this surgery, before I make my decision, although a am leaning towards having it done (no pun intended). I hope there is someone that can share their experience.

Thank you.

Hi,
    I replied to your visitor message. I will be in touch after we get home from our vacation in Florida. The warmth is wonderful for the spine.
    Sally
    Diagnosed with severe lumbar scoliosis at age 65.
    Posterior Fusion L2-S1 on 12/4/2007. age 67
    Anterior Fusion L3-L4,L4-L5,L5-S1 on 12/19/2007
    Additional bone removed to decompress right side of L3-L4 & L4-L5 on 4/19/2010
    New England Baptist Hospital, Boston, MA
    Dr. Frank F. Rands735.photobucket.com/albums/ww360/butterflyfive/

"In God We Trust" Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

Comment

Working...
    X