No announcement yet.

April, May, June 2009 surgeries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just adding EdieG's surgery... Any others I might have missed? I've really been busy lately-- and it's going to get worse. My first grandbabies are due in May (two of them), my other daughter's college graduation is then too, then her wedding in June. Plus work keeps me busy too, of course. I'm sorry if I've missed some surgery dates-- I always tried really hard to keep up but now I'm finding it's hard to scan all the posts for new surgeries... just too much going on in my own life, but good stuff.

Thinking of all of you with upcoming surgeries. You'll be in my prayers for a successful surgery and relatively quick recovery.
    71 and plugging along... but having some problems
    2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
    5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
    Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
    CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
    10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Comment

Enjoy those good things in life Thanks for all you do!

Always Smilin'
      Colleen

1982 fused T2-L1
      pre op 45 - post op 33 (left thoracic)
      pre op 53 - post op 18 (right thoracic)

recheck 2006
      right thoracic 57
      lower lumbar 34

surgical revision April 28,2009
      revision T3-L1; new fusion L1-L4
      unsure of degrees at this point

Comment

May I echo those words. You are an asset to this forum. You are in for one amazing May...enjoy!
        Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
        Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
        T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
        Osteotomies and Laminectomies
        Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

Thanks, Jennifer and always. I'm excited-- and at almost 2 years post-op, I feel like I can tackle this. Last year it would have been extremely hard on me. I'm one of those that takes longer... comes with age and also how one's body responds to the surgery. It's just taken a long time to build my strength back-- and I'm still working on that. But doing better all the time!

I'm adding scurve4947 (Allison)'s surgery now to the first post. Allison-- let me know when you find out which levels are being fused or any other info you want added. That goes for anyone else too. If I know, I will post. Ha ha.

Time to get ready for work... Hope you all have a good day. Susie

PS-- Anyone know how Becky331 or TerryB are doing? They both had surgery on the 6th...
          Last edited by Susie*Bee; 04-08-2009, 05:32 AM.

Corrected to 15°

Comment

Big week ahead...

Just a reminder there are three surgeries this week: Edie, Susan, and Em. Ladies-- you'll be in our thoughts and many prayers, and we will look forward to hearing how you do. You'll be on the other side really soon and be straighter and taller-- and that is so exciting. Big hugs as you get ready for your big day.

14th - EdieG - w/ Dr. Boachie-Adjei @ HSS, NYC
            15th - asccbodypro (Susan) - A/P T3-L5 fusion w/Dr. Bryan Fox: Portsmouth Naval Hospital, Portsmouth, Virginia
            15th - emwonderfull (Em) - T2-L2 in Tulsa, OK

Corrected to 15°

Comment

adding on...

Adding shortlilnikki's surgery to the first post of this thread... scheduled for June 29th.

Any more news from our April surgeries?

Corrected to 15°

Comment

Surgery Date

Hi Susie, my surgery dates are scheduled for June 4th (anterior) and June 8th (posterior). I finally made my decision on which surgeon to use, very comfortable with choice, will explain in another post, just wanted Susie to know the dates.

Thanks
                Dolores A
                June 4, 2009 Anterior L3 - S1
                June 8, 2009 Posterior T4 - Pelvis
                Mark Agulnick, MD FAAOS
                NY Spine & Scoliosis Center

Comment

I noticed that you have listed the details of the fusion, mine will be Anterior, L3-S1 and Posterior, T4-Pelvis. Hoping that after a cat scan reading and other tests, maybe this will change to something a little less drastic! I have a meeting on Monday with the surgeons assistant, one of my biggest questions out of about 1,000 others will be what exactly will be my mobility.

Thanks again!
                  Dolores A
                  June 4, 2009 Anterior L3 - S1
                  June 8, 2009 Posterior T4 - Pelvis
                  Mark Agulnick, MD FAAOS
                  NY Spine & Scoliosis Center

Comment

OK, Dolores. Thanks for letting me know what to add. Best wishes and prayers as you finalize plans with your surgeon and find out what all is in the plan. Hugs, Susie

Corrected to 15°

Comment

reminder...

The "three musketeers" have their surgeries tomorrow and the next day... Cimbom, always smilin', and Jo 71-09.

Also adding swilson/Simone. Any others?

Corrected to 15°

Comment

So sweet.

I was pretty surprised when I saw this... how kind of you to pay that much attention.

I heart you.

My surgery will be done by Dr. Dewald at Rush University in Chicago.
                        Surgery 6/29 and 7/3 of 2009~ 17 hours worth
                        7 blood transfusions (3 were my own)
                        26 years old at time of surgery, diagnosed at 12 -
                        TLSO brace did NOTHING for me after 3 yrs wearing it...
                        other than cause embarassment & torture

Before Surgery:
                        Thoracic Curve: 68 degrees
                        Lumbar Curve: 89 degrees

After Surgery:
                        Thoracic Curve: 32 degrees
                        Lumbar Curve: 25 degrees

<3 Nikki

My surgery experience album:
                        http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...5&l=0bcf9da737

Comment

Originally posted by SherryM View Post
                          John is 15, and scared Please pray for quick and complete healing. Thank you very much

Sherry
                          **hugs for John** I'm scared too and I'm 25. lol

If he needs anything, nicolecallas@hotmail.com is my personal email. Glad to be any help through this journey!!
                          Surgery 6/29 and 7/3 of 2009~ 17 hours worth
                          7 blood transfusions (3 were my own)
                          26 years old at time of surgery, diagnosed at 12 -
                          TLSO brace did NOTHING for me after 3 yrs wearing it...
                          other than cause embarassment & torture

Before Surgery:
                          Thoracic Curve: 68 degrees
                          Lumbar Curve: 89 degrees

After Surgery:
                          Thoracic Curve: 32 degrees
                          Lumbar Curve: 25 degrees

<3 Nikki

My surgery experience album:
                          http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...5&l=0bcf9da737

Comment

adding some more...

Added 52skeedoo yesterday and higostudy this morning. Any others?

Corrected to 15°

Comment

I'm sorry I forgot to ever tell you my surgery was with Dr. William Clark @ St. John Medical Center in Tulsa, Ok.

He did another surgery the day before on a lady in her thirties, so he was warmed up for me, YEA! At my 2wk post-op he said she was doing great also. But she is walking a mile two-three times a day. I haven't been very good in that dept. Not that I couldn't walk, I just wasn't. So the competitor in me kicked in..I am taking it slowly but did take two mini walks yesterday and one this morning. I remember everyone writing walk, walk, walk. I am a little more tender, but know it is for the best.

Has anyone heard from Edie, Janet or Susan?

Good luck to the next group.
                              ~Em

Diagnosed at 13, Milw brace-didn't wear it like I should have.
                              pre-surg 78* Thoracic,
                              post-surg 22* Thoracic.
                              Fusion from T2 to L2 scheduled for April 15, 09 in Tulsa, OK

Comment

HI Susie, just abit more to add to the calendar is you can, my op at the Epworth Hospital in Melbourne, Aust with Dr Peter Turner.
                                thanx
                                Rhonda (kaizan)
                                diagnosed aged 12, boston brace 12 months
                                curve 69 degree T12 to L4.
                                Posterior fusion T4 to L3? with Post/Ant rods. 22 May 09:

Comment

Working...
                                X