Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goodbye And Thank You

I'd just like to say Goodbye, and Thank You to Karen, Loves To Skate,
    and anyone else who replied to my posts.
    I went to the pain doctor
    on Weds., and he finally gave me an answer regarding my scoliosis.
    He said "That It's Not Bad Enough For Surgery." Yes, that's a relief.
    But, I do have two Degenerated Discs in my lower spine.

I will be seeing a Spine Doctor in the very near future. My pain is still
    there and my Neurotin has been increased to 600mg. three times a day.

However, I'm sorry for rambling on here. You all seem like very nice people,
    and I shall miss you, and miss reading your posts which are very informative
    and interesting.

Thanks again.

Bye, and may alll of you have Great Health & Happiness.

Babs

Babs-- I'm glad that your doctor was able to give you such good news, and that he upped your pain meds and all. You don't have to have super severe scoliosis to be here on the forum, so it doesn't have to be good-bye. We should be here to support you and encourage you with your own struggles. And yes, degenerative disc disease can be pretty painful as well.

Best wishes with everything-- and really, if you check in here occasionally for any reason, please let us know how you're doing. Take care! Susie
    71 and plugging along... but having some problems
    2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
    5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
    Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
    CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
    10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Comment

I have ddd now, too!

Degenerative disc disease can be very painful and debilitating. I found it out I have it again at my year anniversary appointment. In the corner of my mind, I knew something was wrong but didn't want to face it. I was fused from T3-L4. The discs below were healthy so they weren't touched. What a disappointment!There was a one in five chance this would happen! I beat the odds. But I am now doing water therapy and hoping for the best. I'm not missing work but I often sit back in a chair with pillows. I cry out when I move in bed at night. It is often hard to walk.
      So please don't say good-bye. There are a lot of caring people who here who can offer support and advice.
      CSC
      Idiopathic Scoliosis; Wore a Milwaukee brace; Told by physician it would not progress
      S curve; Surgery date: January 29, 2008!!

Comment

Babs -
        I hope this forum isn't just for people having surgery because I haven't and don't plan to and I'm here. I believe there are many things we can learn from each other about how to live with this. This is the only place I've ever talked about it. Please stay.
        dd
        dd
        57 yr. old female
        Pembroke Pines, FL
        No Surgery, No Way, Not Ever, but I reserve the right to change my mind
        2003: rotatory component centered at L1 convexed to the left with a measurement of 68 degrees. Gentle compensatory thoracic curve and a more acute compensatory curve in the lumbar spine at L4-5 Superimposed fairly extensive degenerative change seen in the lumbar spine.

Comment

NEW Non-Invasive Degenerative Disc Procedure

Originally posted by csc View Post
          Degenerative disc disease can be very painful and debilitating. I found it out I have it again at my year anniversary appointment. In the corner of my mind, I knew something was wrong but didn't want to face it. I was fused from T3-L4. The discs below were healthy so they weren't touched. What a disappointment!There was a one in five chance this would happen! I beat the odds. But I am now doing water therapy and hoping for the best. I'm not missing work but I often sit back in a chair with pillows. I cry out when I move in bed at night. It is often hard to walk.
          So please don't say good-bye. There are a lot of caring people who here who can offer support and advice.
          Hi CSC, Thanks so much for your great reply! I've found a NEW Spine Doctor in my area. His treatment/surgery for Degenerative Disc Disease is
          Great! I'm posting the Link:

http://www.laserspineinstitute.com/b...ease/treatment

It's a ONE day in and out LASER procedure! No Surgery! That's for me!

With Hugs & Thanks,

Babs

Comment

Babs,

Who says you have to go? Like Susie said, there is no reason for you to have to leave. I hope you're getting some pain relief.

Milwalkee Brace 1976 - 79
            Told by Dr. my curve would never progress

Surgery 10/15/08 in NYC by Dr. Michael Neuwirth
            Pre-Surgury Thorasic: 66 degrees
            Pre-Surgery Lumbar: 66 degrees

Post-Surgery Thorasic: 34 degrees
            Post-Surgery Lumbar: 22 degrees

Comment

Laser spine

If you search this forum you might find someone who had treatment there or experience with any of the surgeons in their group in Florida.
              Original scoliosis surgery 1956 T-4 to L-2 ~100 degree thoracic (triple)curves at age 14. NO hardware-lost correction.
              Anterior/posterior revision T-4 to Sacrum in 2002, age 60, by Dr. Boachie-Adjei @Hospital for Special Surgery, NY = 50% correction

Comment

Originally posted by babsloveslife View Post
                Hi CSC, Thanks so much for your great reply! I've found a NEW Spine Doctor in my area. His treatment/surgery for Degenerative Disc Disease is
                Great! I'm posting the Link:

http://www.laserspineinstitute.com/b...ease/treatment

It's a ONE day in and out LASER procedure! No Surgery! That's for me!

With Hugs & Thanks,
                Babs,

Thank you for posting that link. I is something that I am going to take a serious look at, as I really do not want to fuse the rest of my spine if I can avoid it.

I'm also going to jump on the bandwagon and say not to leave. I had my surgery 25 years ago and I come here to chat with people who understand some of my issues. Not even my wife understands like people here do. It is really good to sometimes just let off steam and vent about frustrations with pain and have people jump right in and understand and agree with you.

So stay and keep us company!

Brad
                Surgeries July 26th & August 3rd 1983 (12 years old)
                Still have 57 degree curve
                2 Harrington rods
                Luque method used
                Dr David Bradford
                Twin Cities Scoliosis Center
                Preop xray (with brace on)
                Postop xray

Comment

Working...
                X